Top 5 concerts ever seen......

Pharoah said:
For me too! Concerts I've been to since around 1969 are too many to even mention, but I'll just say that none ever compared to Symphony X shows. Best was Obsessions NiteClub New Jersey Sept. 9, 2001. I'll never forget it. A couple memorable shows were Black Sabbath's first America tour (I sat behind the speaker cab and smoked cigs with Ozzy who was a nervous wreck, between his singing parts and told him "You're doing really good!"), also Uriah Heep early days tours, Tull's Thick as a Brick tour, McCartney and Wings, Floyd in '72....many shows I don't even remember. Well it WAS the 70's o_O I thank God I survived those times.
blah, blah, blah......

HEHEHE!!

Sounds like you have ALOT of cool story's to tell, so do tell!! I'm all ears,oh, or eyes!! haha!:loco:
Yes I have seen MORE shows then I posted, but by far SYMX WAS the greatest... hands down! :worship:

LoneWolfMusic said:
Whoa, Smoked cigs with Oz ??? Thats cool.

I drank a beer with jason Bonham one time. I am a huge Zep fan so it was real cool to talk to his son. That was cool. I also met ALL the members of DT at Met 2000 show. My Met 2000 tourbook is signed by ALL members of DT.

Pharoh, tell us more baout your cool shows in the 70's. Did you ever see L Zeppelin?

PS, Your gonna love Divine Ruins! :D

JWC

--------------

Divine Ruins
Lyranthe
WithoutEnd

MP3's coming soon !!

www.lonewolfmusic.com
Yes, I was at Led Zep concerts.
I have many stories, but I'm more of a listener than a talker!
I will say I miss those days of open seating before the kids were trampled at that Who concert and it all stopped. You got there early, ran in and hugged the stage for 2 hours!

One band I never saw and wished I did was Cinderella. How were they in concert? I think Tom K. lost his voice for many years, but they now tour a bit again.

I need to think about this one. I've been to too many but not enough lately.

1. Queensryche Operation Livecrime
2. Dream Theater Images & Words tour
3. Iron Maiden/Fastway/Saxon. My first show. I can't even remember the year. '82?
4. Symphony X Odyssey tour
5. Joe Satriani/Dream Theater
6. Megadeth/Testament
7. David Lee Roth Skyscraper tour with Steve Vai. I didn't touch my guitar for a week after that show.

I could make lists for days about Dio's shows in the '80's, but those were mostly cool because of the dragons. haha

1. Dream Theater at Boston, 2004
2. Opeth in Worcester, 2004
3. U2 somewhere in MA sometime in the 90s.
4. Neil Young somewhere in NY a year or so before the U2 concert.
5. Dream Theater / Joe Satriani at Boston in 2003

hhhmmmm....ive been to quite a few for only being 15. Let me think

1. Dream Theater- Train Of Thought Tour at the Cleveland Agora

2. Symphony X- Oddysey Tour (the 3rd one where they actually played the odyssey lol. i went to all 3 by the way) at the Agora

3. Blind Guardian/Symphony X- Cleveland Agora

4. Iron Maiden/ Dio- Blossom Music Center Cleveland OH

5. Creed- (this was like my first concert and i loved them soooo much so i have to put this on here) Gund Arena Cleveland OH

and the honorable mention goes to................

Evergrey/Arch Enemy at the Agora Ballroom!

Symphony X in Helsinki, '03
Iron Maiden in Helsinki in '98
Iron Maiden in Helsinki in '98
Iron Maiden in Helsinki in '03
Blind Guardian in Helsinki '02

I will say I miss those days of open seating before the kids were trampled at that Who concert and it all stopped. You got there early, ran in and hugged the stage for 2 hours!
Pharaoh - You saw Zeppelin live? Good lord, that must have ruled... I would kill to see them, man - they were my first favorite band. I'm incredibly envious. Tell stories from Zeppelin concerts...
...OR DIE!

Pharoah said:

One band I never saw and wished I did was Cinderella. How were they in concert? I think Tom K. lost his voice for many years, but they now tour a bit again.

Last time I seen Cinderella was I think "2000".
But Tom kicked butt! I always thought he would suck live cuz of the way he sings but OMG, He was just perfect.. I would love to see him again. I don't even know if they still tour.???:confused:

OfSinsAndShred said:
Pharaoh - You saw Zeppelin live? Good lord, that must have ruled... I would kill to see them, man - they were my first favorite band. I'm incredibly envious. Tell stories from Zeppelin concerts...
...OR DIE!
Yikes not a death threat. I'll PM ya. Just noticed we have the same B-Day, well not the same year!

hmm.. I have seen just enough to make a "serious" top 5:

1 Nightwish - 013 Tilburg 2003 (Great concert, very good support (After Forever!!!),
nice light show)
2 Symphony X - Effenaar Eindhoven 2003 (Great concert, and they played the
Odyssey live. But the support wasn't that good, and the Effenaar isn't that special
either)
3 Stratovarius + Symphony X -013 Tilburg 2003 (Symphony X rocked :headbang: but 1,5 hours of Stratovarius is just too much)
4 Dark Tranquillity - Effenaar Eindhoven 2002 (HEAVY :headbang: )
5 Rhapsody - 013 Tilburg 2002 (I loved them then, but the sound was no good)

I should have mentioned Opeth - 013 Tilburg 2003, they would be in the list if they had only played a few heavy songs. Mikael kept telling that they were really a death metal band, and then they played another ballad. I really liked their ballads, but NOT for 2 hours...

Pharoah, at least tell us WHICH Zeppelin shows you saw. I would surely give my right arm to have sen Zep.

To Smoke and Fire, how was Nightwish, Can Tarja pull it off live? Is she as cute as she looks?

JWC

New releases from Lone Wolf Music

Divine Ruins
Lyranthe
WithoutEnd

www.lonewolfmusic.com

LoneWolfMusic said:
Pharoah, at least tell us WHICH Zeppelin shows you saw. I would surely give my right arm to have sen Zep.
JWC
OK then, for the Zep fans, here's the best recollections I have, as I sent per PM to OfSinsAndShred. I'll share them, but sorry to say, these were not my most favorite concerts. :yell:
I was about 14 when I saw them promoting their III album. I was against the stage and only ever heard Whole Lotta Love before going to see them. It was my 3rd concert, 1st Zep concert. I think it was at Harrisburg Farm Show arena.
I remember....
We were right in front of Plant, I thought he was going to hit us with his swinging mic, I ducked one time....
Page's double-neck, Plant sticking his crotch in people's faces at the stage, very loud, very bluesy, they were like a sloppy blues band. The arena was only half sold, and lots of screaming little girls. Page was sloppy, Plant was OK, but couldn't scream anymore after half the show. but Bonham was amazing. I was not blown away. I took a roll of pics, then dropped and lost my camera. Somebody got great photos and a nice Kodak.
Then, I saw them next year, was at the stage in front of Page, hall was packed, and it was mass mayhem. Guards were tossing girls back in the crowd. Band was 100% together and well-practiced. Played all of the IV album and Black Dog had a 20 min drum solo. Bonham handed some kids his sticks after their bow. Plant was enticing the girls, using his mic as a penis, etc. A lot of people thought he was God back then, others thought Page was God...it was a very strange energy. Wish I would have had somebody like you along, I was with bores who were into folk music, pissed and moaned the whole concert. Anyway, that first concert, they kinda sucked, the second one they were great, very memorable (and I did not take a camera along). Went outside later to meet them, but could not, big security guys were mean and scary. I did see Page hanging on 2 groupies, though. One had her hand down his pants while they walked and I thought "This is rock 'n roll" I was learning to play guitar, but actually, Page was not an idol to me as much as others were, such as John Fogerty and Johnny Winter.
That's about it. Damn memory, it was a long time ago.

@ LoneWolfMusic... you bet Tarja can! And she does look good IRL. Rest of the band is good, too... I can't wait to see them again at the Dynamo Open Air concert.

symphony x- palladium
metalfest (last week) - palladium
Queenryche/symx- avalon
aerosmith/kiss- tweeter center
scorpions/deep purple/ dio- tweeter center

Lets see.. I cannot possibly number these.. so here are five of the best shows I have been to:

-Pink Floyd - Division Bell- San Diego row 14.

-Metallica - 2 nights in a row - San Diego (The shows that were edited into 1 show for the live shit set)

-Blind Guardian/SymX - Keyclub Hollywood. (Front Row.. leaning on stage)

-Day on the Green - Oakland Stadium (drove from San Diego, it was GA and I got like in the 4 row) - Alice in Chains, Faith No More, Soundgarden, Queenscryhe, Metallica.

- Clash of the Titans Tour - Alice in Chains, Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer.

Grin..

Mine have to be:

1)HIM @ the Roxy LA 5/5/04
2)HIM @ the Whiskey LA 5/4/04
3)HIM @ Slims San Francisco 5/2/04
4)Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore, Bodom @ the Showbox Seattle (don't remember the date off the top of my head)
5)Wacken '02 w/ Evergrey, Bodom, Kotipelto, Blind Guardian, and many others.

Honorable mention:
HIM @ Canes San Diego 5/3/04 (where they played Fortress of Tears!)