Top Ten Metal Albums of 2022

i mean the guy publishes long-form reviews for all of that shit and much more, pretty sure he has no job and just does it all day every day lol--last month alone there's 29 articles up. i'm sure consuming that much metal leads to some superficial opinions and he writes like a fart-sniffing bellend but i respect the grind, i could never manage that level of commitment to fucking anything.

I can't even be fucked adding images of the albums to my list, fuck going all out!

That's fucking crazy, yeah I saw that each entry had a link to a review. The burnout must be brutal, but I suppose if you're getting paid to do it...

New music's still not grabbing me much. Static Abyss clicked with me today though so I've got 6 for now. I could tack average stuff such as Megadeth onto the end of my list but that seems pointless.

1. Exordium Mors - As Legends Fade and Gods Die
2. Bleed This Earth - The Slow Decline
3. Dawninsection - Hollow Beings
4. Battle Beast - Circus of Doom
5. Static Abyss - Labyrinth of Veins
6. @dvzk-cece - Sludgewave [I guess this is cursed lost media already]

Reactions: CiG and dvzk-cece
grizzlybutts/terraasymmetry's top 100 is out btw. second most pretentious reviewer in the history of metal, but he has good taste on the whole.

"Far-flung from the severed silver cord of modern man’s living sub-conscious, our nightmare existence cannot fathom the worlds beyond without some manner of superior guidance, at this time and in this mind palace their ‘Void of Unending Depths‘ is that acherontic hand. In this realm they’d create meaning which directly commands action, here purpose beyond style and symbolism fuels great works as the riff never divagates from the pure death metal intent of the band."

:tickled:
Christ, if this guy is the second most pretentious, I'd hate to see the most pretentious.

he threw a tantrum, deleted all his reviews and quit RYM after people kept calling him out for that shit lol. very sensitive dude.

prozak will always be the GOAT of pretentious metal reviews though.

Fark that! If ever I put that much effort into something, I don't care if people read it or not, I'm fucking leaving it there out of spite.

How my list stands would depend how I look at it. There is a few albums on it that I don't think I've listened to since I did the list which probably means they should drop from the Top 10, and I know there there is at least 2 albums in the HM's that I have listened to more than several in the actual top 10.

I went back and edited my original post adding six new albums into an expanded Top 25 (some of which entered the Top 10). I also pasted my new and revised blurbs on each album into the post. I think I'm gonna try to leave it alone now because I feel pretty content with my exploration of 2022 and you've gotta stop somewhere.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
I enjoyed Candlemass - Sweet Evil Sun a bit more than expected. Maybe not enough to bother expanding my list... since then arguably I oughta include other odds & ends I liked more, such as the headfuck that is Bloodbox.

I still have the files for sludgewave :tickled:
Just not on the web. Gonna be finding ways to repurpose those songs into comps in some way. 3 of the songs are already on a comp release ♡
I meant lost for the average kiddo who may only discover it exists today. Though if every track appears on some comp or other then it becomes a sort of treasure hunt to piece it back together!

Reactions: dvzk-cece