Tore Østby

He played on this album in 2009 but he isn't listed on the band site anymore so I guess he left. Something tells me he's more or less moved on from being a professional musician at this point given that he's recorded one album in the last 10 years. Very sad, my favorite guitar player of all time. :(

CONCEPTION!! I still pray to the metal gods that Glenn will one day bless me with the video of their set since i missed that year due to apartment burning up. :( the BIGGEST disappointment in my PP history is not making festival that year.

He played on this album in 2009 but he isn't listed on the band site anymore so I guess he left. Something tells me he's more or less moved on from being a professional musician at this point given that he's recorded one album in the last 10 years. Very sad, my favorite guitar player of all time. :(

what does this Street Legal album sound like??

what does this Street Legal album sound like??

Pretty run of the mill classic rock/hair metal. The sound of Tore's guitar is unmistakable, but the material he plays isn't very interesting or complex if you're a fan of what his compositions usually are like.

Pretty run of the mill classic rock/hair metal. The sound of Tore's guitar is unmistakable, but the material he plays isn't very interesting or complex if you're a fan of what his compositions usually are like.

so not really the Thin Lizzy meets Whitesnake I read some where?

That is what their bio says, but I think it's more self-promotion via comparisons to big and successful bands than anything. I couldn't get into the vocalist.

I swear I heard from a friend that he was doing more classical stuff... I don't know if he's recording any of it, but that's where he was musically "spending his time"