Torture Squad

_SLAYERIZED_

Oct 21, 2003
Frankfurt Germany
www.slayerized.com
Starting their activity in 1990, Torture Squad is a band that has accumulated experience and involvement over the past years with their proper compositions of originality within the style of Death/Thrash metal. In 1993, after many successful shows, Torture Squad Independently recorded their first demo tape titled “A Soul In Hell” which also helped raise their fan base up another level. This demo helped pave the way for an unrelenting, unstoppable career to come.

Fans still screaming for more, Torture Squad signed a deal with the local label Destroyer Records. In 1995 they recorded their first full-length studio album entitled “Shivering” carrying 7 Pulverizing tracks! It was delayed a bit due for their search for a label and ended up being released in 1997. Two years later in 1999, Torture Squad presents their second release “Asylum of Shadows” followed by shows throughout Brazil. This album hit Europe and opened up the doors for a 7-show tour throughout Germany in 2000 with the Band “Grin” from Stuttgart.

In January 2001 Torture Squad recorded the track “Mandate For Freedom” for the “William Shakespeare's Hamlet” project released by Die Hard Records. Between May and August 2001 Torture Squad are busy with yet another Pummeling recording, which is up-heaved upon their fans later that year…“The Unholy Spell”. It was released in cd as well as a limited edition picture disc of only 200 copies. This album gives Torture Squad a chance to do an entire Brazilian tour. Grin not having enough from their tour with Torture Squad in Germany, they join once again and embark on this tour together, and destroying every stage they take throughout Brazil.

“The Unholy Spell” and the March 2002 Extreme Metal Fest in Sao Paulo Brazil brings Torture Squad to play the opening gig to the headlining band “Monstrosity”. In May of the 2002, Torture Squad was invited to play live on the television program “Musikaos” in Brazil. They also had the chance to record a video for the song “Abduction was the Case” which is running on the program “RIFF” on MTV Brazil.

In May 2002, Cristiano Fusco and Torture Squad part ways due to personal differences. This was not a setback for Torture Squad. In August 2002 Torture Squad embark on yet another tour throughout the north of Brazil with their new guitarist Mauricio Nogueira whom was the Ex-Guitarist of Krisiun. By the end of the tour, Torture Squad had 4 songs ready for the following album. 3 songs were written before the tour began, and one song was written during the tour. Returning home, Torture Squad inks a deal with Mutilation Records, which brings them right back into the studio.

Between March and May of 2003, the band was working on their next studio recording. Finally in July of 2003, Torture Squad unleashes their latest masterpiece with a title that gives perfect description of the work set forth…“Pandemonium”. Mutilation Records sells out the first pressing of “Pandemonium” within a few weeks. The band hits the road again with a 20-show tour in Brazil at the beginning of August selling out all of the merchandise that they had. There have been a lot of reviews including reviews in Rock Brigade and Roadie Crew. The lowest of all reviews was a 9.0 out of 10.

At the moment, Torture Squad is fulfilling their philosophy of “Living on the Road”. The band is busy working out a huge South American tour for “Pandemonium” by the end of this year. Many opportunity have come into play for Torture Squad and this includes doing a North American / European tour throughout the beginning of 2004. The dates are not set yet but rest assured, they are on the way.

Torture Squad is:

Amilcar Christofaro – Drums

Vitor Rodrigues – Vocal

Castor – Bass

Mauricio Nogueira – Guitar

mp3s for you:

http://acdc.cover.vilabol.uol.com.br/ts_downloads_por_arquivos/torturesquadhorrorandtorture.mp3

http://acdc.cover.vilabol.uol.com.br/ts_downloads_por_arquivos/torturesquadmurderofagod.mp3

:headbang:

Just did a search to see if anyone else already made a topic about these guys...

I just discovered this basically unknown band from Brazil. I downloaded their 2003 album Pandemonium not expecting much, but what I heard was fucking amazing.

Torture Squad is "modern" THRASH. Torture Squad makes The Haunted, Carnal Forge, Dew-Scented, etc. sound like Creed. Torture Squad is all about riffs. The songs are brutal, relentless, and full of pure THRASH RIFFS. You can easily headbang along to 90% of this album. A lot of this album reminds me of 80s Exodus, Kreator, or Dark Angel. The vocals are a mix of growls and higher pitched screaming [no hardcore]. Where the typical modern "thrash" band would throw a hardcore breakdown, Torture Squad puts a clusterfuck of heavy riffs.

The songwriting is beyond awesome. There are tempo changes all over the place, but they all flow [almost] seamlessly. It's like Death mixed with Dark Angel on crack. There are tons of bass fills and breaks. The guitar solos aren't the most flashy in the world, but they get the job done [a few stand out once in a while]. The drums are absolutely insane. There is no constant double bass until it's comletely necessary. Their drummer, based on his performance on this album, should be the recipient of tons of praise [much more than a lot of drummers out there that are hailed for their so-called talent].

I cannot find any Torture Squad merchandise online anywhere, nor can I find this album for sale anywhere. They've only toured in Brazil thus far, but if word gets out about this hidden gem of a band, they're sure to be touring with the likes of Slayer or Iced Earth in a few years [or hopefully sooner].

I just burned a few copies of this album and I'll be distributing it all over the place. Torture Squad is fucking phenominal. Download it now.

Torture Squad - "Pandemonium"

Jean-Pierre said:
Torture Squad fucking owns. They rape the -core kids, they defile the gothenfags and they ravage the mallcore.
The respectability of the completely true first sentence was fucked olfactorily to the point of cerebral hemorraging by the homosexuality of the second sentence.

Don't worry. You are getting better, though. ;)

anonymousnick2001 said:
The respectability of the completely true first sentence was fucked olfactorily to the point of cerebral hemorraging by the homosexuality of the second sentence.

Don't worry. You are getting better, though. ;)

what

Jesus Christmas, man. Get a grip.

Whether you like it or not, Sepultura's post-Arise output kicks ass and that's it.

After Torture Squad release three or more albums of quality thrash, I'd sure as hell want them to do some experimenting. Maybe try that tribal influence as well, but maintain the thrash/heavy roots as opposed to the industrial/hardcore.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Jesus Christmas, man. Get a grip.

Whether you like it or not, Sepultura's post-Arise output kicks ass and that's it.

After Torture Squad release three or more albums of quality thrash, I'd sure as hell want them to do some experimenting. Maybe try that tribal influence as well, but maintain the thrash/heavy roots as opposed to the industrial/hardcore.

There's 'experimenting' and then there is 'going to shit'.

Sepultura could have easily "experimented" in a way that truly "maintained the thrash/heavy roots" and didn't basically abandon that aspect of their past but used it simply to legitimately spew out this modern garbage that I don't even find very "tribal".

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly open to a band trying out something else, but Sepultura now is just fucking revolting in my opinion, and I don't see how you can say "whether you like it or not, post-Arise output kicks ass", because...I DON'T like it, and I don't think it kicks anything other than their glorious thrash days...in the teeth.

Let's hope Torture Squad never, NEVER go down the road that you hope they do.

It seems as if everyone on here and Metal-Archives :erk: has somehow signed off on anything that isn't THARSH AS FUCKEN FUCK ALLL!!!!1!1!!! with a load of riffs and whatnot. Hey, I like thrashy music, too, but that shouldn't be the criteria to judge albums by. For the record, I think Chaos A.D. is Sepultura's best album, Roots was okay with an overemphasis on tribal gimmicking in place of bad songwriting, Against was a misstep, Nation was pretty good for what it was although still lacking, and Roorback was just boring.

Usually when I refer to post-Arise Sep I mean Chaos A.D. and Roots. And Torture Squad taking an album to slow down wouldn't sound so bad if the band is truly as talented as we are hailing them to be.

I'm fighting a losing battle championing Chaos A.D., but that's only because it's a battle of opinions. When someone can OBJECTIVELY PROVE that Chaos A.D. is a piece of shit, I can lay it to rest.

Until then, REFUSE, RESIST, WAR FOR TERRITORY!!!