Total Guitar snubs the Thrax

Jockthrax

Mar 9, 2002
Glasgow
www.anthrax.com
:err: TOTAL GUITAR magazine in the uk this month sone a top 20 heaviest riffs of all time and snubbed Anthrax the bastards...They did listen to Anthrax while compiling the 20.....They listened to Madhouse, Bring the Noise and i'm the man...:err: To make matters worse Korn were in the top 20. Arse Bandits

Well, Korn takes heaviness and makes it completely douchy, if that's the standard Total Guitar has then I am quite happy they didn't choose Anthrax. Still, it's quite stupid of them to listen to stuff like that. They should have listened to say, Random Acts of Senseless Violence if they were looking for heavy. Yeah, they are arse bandits.

Magazines for musicians suck these days. They don´t go after who plays good but who´s popular. Some time ago, some guitar magazine voted for Dave Grohl as the best guitarist. I like Dave Grohl (as a drummer and a musician) but hell, he is no guitarist for fuck´s sake! It´s no wonder they always choose bands like Korn. They are quite influential though.
In Czech there is only ONE magazine for musicians. But when they make a list of influential rock or metal guitarists, they always don´t forget to include Scott. Which is good.

Did anyone see Rolling Stone's 100 Best Guitarists of All Time list? Somehow Eddie Van Halen was no. 70 and Jack White of the White Stripes was no. 17! Randy Rhoads was no. 85 and Greg Allman of the Allman Brothers was no. 2! Although, Greg Ginn of Black Flag and D. Boon of the Minutemen were on there, that's cool. No Kerry King, no Dimebag, no Dave Mustaine, no Scott Ian, no Satriani, no Steve Vai! But, Jack White is the 17th best guitar player of all time! He's way better than Eddie Van Halen! Pffft!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/5937559

don't get me wrong i like jack white, but jeebus he is no eddie van halen. Van Halen is supposed to get points just because they're classic. as well as all the other musicians you listed. I REALY ccan't believe they didn't get listed if Van Halen did get listed. They should all be on the same group of ten positions. top 10-20 i would think.
-Jono-

Most music related list are hilarious. For instance: MTV2 has a 22 Greatest Whatever of All Time list. Today, I saw them do the 22 greatest voices of all time. Mariah Carey was no. 1! Hilarious! Freddie Mercury however was no. 2. Not that I completely agree with that, but he is an amazing singer. I can't remember the rest of the list, but I remember enough to know that it's total b.s.
They also had a 22 greatest albums. The only one I can recall, because it pissed me off that much was Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory at no. 10! I need some aspirin.

All those bullshit lists you see in every magazine have to be paid by record companies and such. The record company pays the mag to put thier band at the top, to sell records. Im not positive its this way but its sounds pretty logical to me. Its all pointless anyway.

the top 20 was
20. Ugly Kid Joe-Oompah
19.Fear Factory-Demanufacture
18.Soundgarden-Mailman
17.Devildriver- I dreamed i died
16.Slipknot-Surfacing
15.Korn-Somebody someone
14. God Forbid-Living Nightmare
13.Down-Bury me in smoke
12.Coal Chamber-Loco
11.Pantera- walk
10.Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath
9.Sepultura- Refuse/Resist
8.Slayer/atari teenage riot-no remorse
7.Black Label Society-Lowdown
6.Rammstein-Sonne
5.Metallica-For Whom The Bell Tolls
4.Korn- Right Now
3.Slayer- Angel of Death
2. Metallica-Sad but True
1.Slayer- Raining Blood

Descendent said:
Did anyone see Rolling Stone's 100 Best Guitarists of All Time list? Somehow Eddie Van Halen was no. 70 and Jack White of the White Stripes was no. 17! Randy Rhoads was no. 85 and Greg Allman of the Allman Brothers was no. 2! Although, Greg Ginn of Black Flag and D. Boon of the Minutemen were on there, that's cool. No Kerry King, no Dimebag, no Dave Mustaine, no Scott Ian, no Satriani, no Steve Vai! But, Jack White is the 17th best guitar player of all time! He's way better than Eddie Van Halen! Pffft!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/5937559
I was TRYING to forget that ever happened.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! mariah Scary was no. 1??????? who voted? DOGS? They are the only ones who can hear that high pitched squeal! Did anyone else hear her FUCKING INSULTING "cover" of Def Lepard's bringin on the heartbreak?? I wanted to stab my :puke: self in the ear with a pen. she should be shot, run over, then shot again!
As for the guitar list: NO STEVE VAI????? what the fuck??? Jack white can drown in his own puke. :puke:

Descendent said:
Did anyone see Rolling Stone's 100 Best Guitarists of All Time list? Somehow Eddie Van Halen was no. 70 and Jack White of the White Stripes was no. 17! Randy Rhoads was no. 85 and Greg Allman of the Allman Brothers was no. 2! Although, Greg Ginn of Black Flag and D. Boon of the Minutemen were on there, that's cool. No Kerry King, no Dimebag, no Dave Mustaine, no Scott Ian, no Satriani, no Steve Vai! But, Jack White is the 17th best guitar player of all time! He's way better than Eddie Van Halen! Pffft!http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/5937559

Dear Lord!!!!!!! Thats fucking Terrible. Eddie & Randy should be in the top 10 if not the top 2

Dave Grohl might not be the greatest in diddly widdly solos, but he's getting more and more people into rock and into guitar. Dave Grohl may not be the biggest drumming show off as well, but he plays with heart, power and he actually brilliantly for what the music requires. Take a listen to In Utero. If you wanna learn the drums, get a live vid of In Utero and bash your stomach whle watching young Dave. I still do it today, but have red marks all over my chest from trying to keep up with Charlie's dddddddouble Bass.
Oh, and then I bought a kit. Hey, it beats air drums. Excuse pun.

thenotman said:
Dave Grohl might not be the greatest in diddly widdly solos, but he's getting more and more people into rock and into guitar. Dave Grohl may not be the biggest drumming show off as well, but he plays with heart, power and he actually brilliantly for what the music requires. Take a listen to In Utero. If you wanna learn the drums, get a live vid of In Utero and bash your stomach whle watching young Dave. I still do it today, but have red marks all over my chest from trying to keep up with Charlie's dddddddouble Bass.
Oh, and then I bought a kit. Hey, it beats air drums. Excuse pun.
I was playing along to In Utero while learning to play the drums. I agree with you completely, I just feel Dave Grohl is more of a drummer than a guitarist.

Jockthrax said:
:err: TOTAL GUITAR magazine in the uk this month sone a top 20 heaviest riffs of all time and snubbed Anthrax the bastards...They did listen to Anthrax while compiling the 20.....They listened to Madhouse, Bring the Noise and i'm the man...:err: To make matters worse Korn were in the top 20. Arse Bandits

Those lists suck anyway. A heaviest riffs of all time list doesn't mean shit anyway unless Dark Angel is mentioned at least once.