Total Recall: the BEST movie EVER!! And I mean it!

Jurched

Ask&YoullBeSorry
May 10, 2005
Calais, Maine (not France)
Just watched Total Recall last night, for like the 57th time. But I haven't seen it for more than a year, so I figured I was overdue for a refresher.

Damn, that's gotta be the best movie ever! Action! Violence! and Schwarzenegger! Plus, philosophy, a twisting plot line, incredible effects, and interesting characters! Its smart, funny, lightning fast-paced, yet just slow enough so you know what's going on!

Yeah, that movie kicks ass every time!

I was tryin to count bodies again. But just like last time, I got to about 120 at the Pyramid Mine scene toward the end, and so many guys were dying at once, I just couldn't keep count! Oh well, better luck next time.

My only criticism is the scene at Rekall, when the lady calls her boss into the lab, shouting "Looks like we've got another schizoid embullism!"

He rushes in and they inject Schwarzie with lots of sedatives. Then the lady says, "He's been going on and on about Mars. He's really beeen there!"

Bob shouts back at her, "Use your head, you stupid bitch! He's acting out the secret agent portion of his ego trip!"

No, no, no.

He SHOULD'VE said, "Use your head, you fucking bitch! He's acting out the secret agent portion of his ego trip!"

I don't know. That's about the only thing I would've changed. Otherwise, TOTAL RECALL is a 10er!

Jurched

I enjoy the occasional Total Recall just as I do the occasional Robocop. I love that movie!

The chick with the three boobs was hot.

I had one of those cheesy little hand held Total Recall "video" games...man was that addicting...I used to play it when I had slow nights on third shift.

Good movie. One of the better Arnold films. Not as good as Hercules in New York, but then again, what is?

I had one of those cheesy little hand held Total Recall "video" games...man was that addicting...I used to play it when I had slow nights on third shift.

Good movie. One of the better Arnold films. Not as good as Hercules in New York, but then again, what is?

I thought Conan: The Barbarian was the best. Great soundtrack, Arnold didnt talk much but he killed alot. I always saw Conan on tv when I was younger. When I bought the DVD I was surprised at the violence and gore, great flick!

I always wished they would of made a sequel, but it never happened. Arnold did make a shit load of cool movies in the 80's (Commando, Conan, Running Man, Predator, Terminator), now the bastard is running my damn home state. It always tripped me out at the end of Conan it says "Someday he will have his own kingdom" sure enough he conquered california.

By the way, my copy of Robocop is a rated X version for Violence! I was 55 dollars at what used to be Camelot in the mall. My ex wife has a miscarriage when I bought it.

The only difference I saw was when the corporate smuch points the gun at the new robotic patrol officer his death sequence is much longer, same goes for Murphy when the gang murders him.

Still an awesome movie. SUX6000!!!

The only difference I saw was when the corporate smuch points the gun at the new robotic patrol officer his death sequence is much longer, same goes for Murphy when the gang murders him.

How could Verhoeven make Murphy's death scene longer?! What do they do, peel his lips off with pliers in slow-motion?!

Actually, Total Recall got an X rating on its first review, but according to Verhoeven, it was on purpose, to see how far he could push the violence envelope. Then he slashed a little off the bloodbath in the brain erasing scene on Mars, when Schwarzie impales or bludgeons eight doctors and scientists in thirty seconds, and that gave it R-rating.

Jurched

How could Verhoeven make Murphy's death scene longer?! What do they do, peel his lips off with pliers in slow-motion?!

Well, they put more bullets into him and Murphys arm is blown of on-screen. And you get to see Boddicker blow a hole through his head.

I have no idea how many times I´ve watched that part.

The violent parts of Robocop are cool, but nothing compares to the final fight with Kane in the sequel. R rated saturday morning cartoon!