Touring with Atheist

Travis

Bassist
Jan 2, 2006
Near Albany, NY
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, I play bass in Atheist now. Thought I'd throw the tour schedule up here, since it starts in like two days and there's probably some bass players here who might be interested...!

North American leg -

Atheist-2011-tour.jpeg

March 4 Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
March 5 Pomona, CA @ Fox Theater / Scion Rock Fest
March 7 Toronto, ON @ Wreck Room
March 8 Montreal, QC @ Le Petit Campus
March 9 New York, NY @ Santo's Party House
March 10 Baltimore, MD @ Sonar
March 12 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade

(also I think we're playing Mexico at some point, don't remember when though)

European leg -

77135_10150099013859808_494332.jpg

Come hang out, don't be a stranger.

Cheers!
-Travis

Congrats on getting such a killer gig, it's a prestigious position to fall in line after Patterson, McFarland and Choy. Unfortunately no shows close to where I am bro, maybe on the expanded edition of the tour later on. Kick ass man! Keep the low end of metal strong!
SDG

killer!

good luck and make sure to put some videos up on youtube since I won't be able to see you guys play! :)

Congrats! We´re touring with pestilence on their next spain/portugal tour, but compared with this it sounds like a joke. again congratulations, get as much as you can from such an experience.

That's awesome! I saw you guys at Scion Rock Fest. You were wearing a Leprosy shirt, and you bumped into me on the way out. I wish I could have talked to you, but you were leaving. I shook hands with Steve and Kelly, and they seem pretty cool. You did a great job, I was impressed.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! North American leg had its ups and downs (logistics were a nightmare - borrowed gear breaking down, everyone got sick, bus couldn't get into Canada etc), but overall I had a fantastic time.

Bassbait - totally should have said hi dude, I would've stopped and talked to you! That was a wicked fun show.

Bassbait - totally should have said hi dude, I would've stopped and talked to you! That was a wicked fun show.

I probably would have, but it took me a while to process that it was you... I was like, "wait a second, was that the guy from Atheist?"

Anyway, if there's any complaint I had, it would be that you guys didn't play Room with a View, my favorite Atheist song. Still, a great show. My friend's dad has been following the metal scene since it first started taking off, so he most likely saw Atheist play back in the day. Either way, he was at this show. He said that he saw Death Angel when they first came out with Ultra-Violence, so it's really interesting seeing two different generations of Metal fans. I don't know, it's just really cool.

Keep up the great bass playing! And try to fit Room with a View on a set list some time!

Hey, tell that to Steve Flynn, he's the one who makes the setlists!

Funny story. When I shook his hand, I said "you did great, your band was great. But play Room with a View next time!"

But ya. I mean, I'm a huge fan of the first album, and that's my favorite Atheist song, so that's kind of why I always mention it.

Ya. It's great.