Toxxic Toyz...???

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
So… anyone get a copy of the Toxxic Toyz – Mutation album at Progpower? …or better yet, did Dave (vocals) himself, corner anyone and use his delicate southern sweet talk yet brooding and intimidating size to guilt them into buying a copy directly from him? :saint:

Well, I was one of his unsuspecting victims… or so I thought until I finally had a chance to listen to this album. Needless to say, it takes me a while to find the time to listen to anything these days and give it any sort of proper attention, and if it doesn’t catch me in 5 spins or less, it gets shelved. So after several months, I finally gave this thing a chance and popped it in, and after only a few spins, I am beyond extremely impressed! In fact, this one is certainly a sleeper hit in my opinion. Lots of hooks, balls and conviction are found on this recording. Easily a very competitive sounding album, above average song writing, and for me, stands up to most of the recent big hitter releases out there.

I never really noticed it before, but unlike Dave’s other bands, he is very reminiscent of Claus Lessman (Bonfire) on this album. Anyone else notice this? As a Bonfire fan, that’s a win for me! Now add that to a blend of thrashy and aggressive power metal guitars riffs, with dashes of progressive moments, and my personal favorite – AOR hooks, and you have a solid metal album that sounds fresh and enlightening to these old and tired ears.

Kudos to big Dave, it sounds like the move to France was worth it! French metal of this quality? Who would have thought!?

I picked up a copy of Mutation at the Nightmare Booth. Honestly, nothing about it really jumped out at me, but it was kind of cool. Lots of different styels which I thought was nice. The lyrics just seemed forced to be. It was like the lyrics were written in absence of the music and then forced to fit the music. Didn't seem like much editing was done. Aside from that, the music I thought was damn good! I just don't see this one getting a lot of spins.

wow... I know I have eclectic tastes, and am also one of the pickiest bastards out there when it comes to music, so I'm pretty suprised I AM the jackass that hears the potential here, and not anyone else.

I would recommend giving it a good solid spin. Just once.... to make sure. :D

The song "The Garden" is easily my favorite so far. I don't know what it is about that one, since it's this simple, somber, floating ballad, but the chord progressions and vocal melodies totally do it for me on this track. In fact, I think this song is what caught my attention and foced me to listen closer to the rest of the album.

I enjoyed the hell out of it.
I like it! It's in my truck cd player right now! Dave was very convincing...lol
Excellent!!! Thank god I'm not alone... I was getting woried for a moment.:kickass:
What would you describe the music as: thrash, power, prog, traditional, etc.?

The way I would describe it would be, “Power/thrash metal with progressive overtones/movements, and AOR/Melodic Rock vocal hooks”.

:tickled: