Track from the new Alestorm Record

sounds really nice, clean but not sterile!

the song, not a big fan of this style,
but i have to admit that listening to it
makes me want to get drunk right now! :D

cheers
S.

Ha, didn't know this was out yet.
Can't listen atm, but I think this is probably just the roughmix version I sent napalm a couple of days before the final one....if so I'll post the album version later

SOOOO good.

dude this guitar tone is great!

Seriously all the forum noobs need to take note of this mix and gtr tone.I'm sick of half assed mixes and tones being praised on here, hopefully this will make people wake up. Very nice Lasse!

here's the first track of the next record....not my favorite of them all (yes, the other ones are even better ;) ), but pretty enjoyable nonetheless I think.

Shipwrecked

....this is the first time I'm posting shit like that here and not in the Rate My Mix etc section-....but in this case: the thing is final, so I won't change anything, even if you think the Vocals need to come up, the guits need to be de-fizzed or a marimba needs to be added....too late ;)

so sit back, have a drink and enjoy!

EDIT: sorry for the confusing thread structure...I merged two threads)

I love the guitars. If I had to be critical though, they've got a bit of a sharp attack which sounds a little nasty. They also had a lot of lowend when solo'd which I didn't think sounded great but it totally works in the mix.

Otherwise it's great. I can't say I like the snare. It's not 'hard-hitting' enough and personally I would have gone with a lower-tuned, roomier sound, but maybe that was the drummer's sound.

Couldn't resist... digging it.. maybe just a bit "to clean" for a pirate band. But think I wouldn't have done a better job, so what am I moaning about.

lassefun.jpg