Trading Bootlegs

What's the point of using a loseless codec on a shitty bootleg? It's not like theres much quality to begin with.

ænimated said:
What's the point of using a loseless codec on a shitty bootleg? It's not like theres much quality to begin with.
Yeah it seems to me like it's just a wanker principle that the hardcore bootleggers live by. People download and listen to mp3 albums at 128 or 192 kbps but god forbid a fucking bootleg isn't lossless. Ah well, to each his own.

And just to make this thread interesting, I also never quite understood the obsession with collecting bootlegs. Of course it's nice to hear the songs live and in different setlists, or hearing the shows that you've attended.... But there are some people who feel the need to hear every show done by a band, regardless if it's the same setlist over and over. For example, I see some people on the net with like 200+ Led Zeppelin shows who are always looking for more. Wtf? Do you just wake up one day and go "ok, today I'm going to listen to 03-25-74!" ?

ChrisEmerson said:
also i love the way you spelt it 'black waterpark'
:lol: did somebody say Black Waterpark?
kiddiepool.JPG

I can't really be condescending on bootleggers.. I collected pretty much all the online stuff on Opeth back in '01/'02 even with my 56k connection. I sort of got tired of hearing Demon of the Fall and The Drapery Falls so much though, so I stopped. The DVD pretty much put my Opeth cravings to rest. All I want now is more chances to see the guys live, and introduce myself properly this time (hey d00d, I'm ur mod, lolz gimme backstage or I delete ur f0rum).