Traditional Metal: When Less = More

ghost in the ruins is amazing. i love it how oliva EXTENDS his lead playing for live shows (i.e. hearing parts you never heard on studio recordings). he was truly one of the best ever. i love every savatage album (except p&m, which is decent at best, but a crippled thing for many reasons) and HAVE loved them for years and years. i simply CANNOT wait for their new album... which is taking FOREVER to come out.

Rebirth sucks . It's their worst by far . Angra was one of the first metal band I listened to and Rebirth is just a plain power-metal album compared to the others . No?
Anyway , I don't listen to them anymore but I still have their 3 first , maybe i should sell those .

ReDilS.kCalB said:
Rebirth sucks . It's their worst by far . Angra was one of the first metal band I listened to and Rebirth is just a plain power-metal album compared to the others . No?
No. :tickled:

bloodfiredeath said:
I may not be the only one here, but I'll take this oppurtunity to say that I saw Savatage on tours for Hall of the Mountain King and Gutter Ballet. Ha hah!
For a second there, I actually believed you. :loco: Actually, that's very cool. I can't imagine how cool it must have been to see them on the Gutter Ballet tour opening with "Of Rage and War". That belongs in the 'Greatest riffs' thread.

Yeah , I must be mad , because I also used to think Fireworks is their best by far

Yeah, most people think Holy Land is the best Angra album, and I find it tiresome. It's not bad specifically, but it drags in places. Most importantly, I prefer Edu's vocals over Andre Matos. That dude was way too high pitched for my liking, even more so than Michael Kiske.

I was about to list which songs I liked on Rebirth, but looking at the track list, I have to say, I like all of them. It's really one of those albums which I can play from start to finish without wanting to skip any tracks. :cool:

Rebirth rules!!!

e91170v60jy.jpg

:D

The one Blind Guardian song I will admit to liking is "Majesty" off their first album

WOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOH MAJESTY
THE KINGDOM IS LOST! AND YOU! WILL LEAVE US! BEHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND
WOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO OOOOOO OOOOOOOOH

I mean it's basically non-gay. Speed metal more than power metal.