tragedy.....

turnloosetheswans

metal weirdoD
Aug 15, 2002
milwaukee,wi
www.myspace.com
i am a huge mr rogers fan...so i feel the need to share....

Fred Rogers, who gently invited millions of children to be his neighbor as host of the public television show ``Mister Rogers' Neighborhood'' for more than 30 years, died of cancer early Thursday. He was 74.

Rogers died at his Pittsburgh home, said family spokesman David Newell, who played Mr. McFeely on the show. Rogers had been diagnosed with stomach cancer sometime after the holidays, Newell said.

``He was so genuinely, genuinely kind, a wonderful person,'' Newell said. ``His mission was to work with families and children for television. ... That was his passion, his mission, and he did it from day one.''

From 1968 to 2000, Rogers, an ordained Presbyterian minister, produced the show at Pittsburgh public television station WQED. The final new episode, which was taped in December 2000, aired in August 2001, though PBS affiliates continued to air back episodes.

Rogers composed his own songs for the show and began each episode in a set made to look like a comfortable living room, singing ``It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood,'' as he donned sneakers and a zip-up cardigan.

``I have really never considered myself a TV star,'' Rogers said in a 1995 interview. ``I always thought I was a neighbor who just came in for a visit.''

His message remained simple: telling his viewers to love themselves and others. On each show, he would take his audience on a magical trolley ride into the Neighborhood of Make-Believe, where his puppet creations would interact with each other and adults.

Rogers did much of the puppet work and voices himself. He also studied early childhood development at the University of Pittsburgh and consulted with an expert there over the years.

I'm a big fan of that show as well...I had heard he was a pretty cool guy actually. Our old bassist Mary actually took some music classes in Pittsburgh from Joe Negry, I think. It'll be cool if PBS or someone decides to run a retrospective special on that show sometime.

see...one of the things that does impress me is that he never did it for purpose of retrospective... i ould love to see one[i have like 30 some hours or mr rogers on tape] so i could possibly do it.. its the only thng on television without perverse motive or that falls to the lowest common denomonator... its just a nice man bein nice....no commercialization or new improved lazerfights or whatever... just fred rogers...bein fred rogers

a huge fan
your jason ellis

I always loved Mr. Rogers. I remember so much about his shows... He's a person who deserves all the respect anyone can give him. Such a wonderful man...

Steve

Novembers Paul said:
I thought he died years ago, so I guess i was more shocked to hear he was still alive.

LOL.. You know a lot of people thought that! I guess there must have been some rumor a while back about his death, and I guess he really didn't.. Hmm..

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Boomerang Toomerang Zoomerang.

Lady Elaine Fairchild was an evil lil' bitch -I-

today she decided she is going to marry neighbor abore....without asking him first... and she said she was once gonna marry cornflake s specially[once again without asking him] and it didnt work....the point... i think laney just wants love....