Training blast beats

Blast beats usually start on the snare drum, reverse it and you have the black metal blast beat, throw the hi-hat at the same time as the snare and you have the death metal blast beat, other than that, yeah thats pretty much it. If your feet are fast enough just do the bass drum all the time, instead of every other hit and it will sound even more blasting haha.

As Iam pointed out, there are two distinct types of blasting, one I refer as a grind for simplicitie's sake, and the other a blast. The grind is right hand on the hi-hat with the right foot, and left hand on the snare with the left foot. You then play a single stroke roll with your hands at whatever tempo you can muster. One either plays the one footed variety where the bassdrum only hits with the hi-hat, or the doubled variety where all four limbs are ostensibly playing a single stroke roll. The blast beat is one hand on the snare the other on the hi-hat with the feet either playing every note that the hands are playing, or twice as many, in a single stroke roll...hope that helps, and my advice is just to start SLOW and build up your speed and endurance SLOWLY.

you can do the 'cannibal blast' which is basically everything at the same time. that's the basic pattern though, and you can start with whatever (kick or snare) depending on what you're doing. you can do double bass floods and such too a la krisiun to get that brutal death feel.

as with any instrument, go SLOW and stay in perfect time with clean execution...
your body will move as you train it-if you do it right, you will gain speed in time.
Do it sloppy..you get the idea.

I cannot stress this enough, play these sort of beats with a metronome!!! It will keep you honest on the timing,and will tell you if oyu are lagging or rushing the beat.

Get on the kit and go for it!

There are plenty types of blastbeats

HHHHHHH
SSSSSSS
BBBBBBBB

.H H H H H H
S S S S S S S
B B B B B B B B

S S S S S S S
.H H H H H H H
BBBBBBBBBBBBB

I use those 3 mostly, but variation is always good