Transatlantic 3rd LP (2009?)

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m2293968.aspx

well it's happening. Just as long as Neal keeps the lyrics secular ;)

TRANSATLANTIC FLIES AGAIN!!!

PROGRESSIVE ROCK SUPERGROUP
REUNITES FOR NEW STUDIO ALBUM.
POSSIBLE LATE 2009 RELEASE PLANNED.

TRANSATLANTIC, the progressive rock "supergroup" comprised of Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), Pete Trewavas (Marillion), Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings) and Neal Morse (ex-Spock's Beard), have reunited after a 7 year hiatus to begin work on a brand new studio album.

The band began work on the album in early April in Nashville and are expected to have it released by year's end if all goes as planned.

TRANSATLANTIC have previously released two studio albums to tremendous critical and fan acclaim: 2000's SMPTe and 2001's Bridge Across Forever. The band toured on the heels of each release with an American Tour in 2000 and a European Tour in 2001 and released subsequent Live DVD's/CD's from both tours before going their separate ways for an indefinite hiatus which lasted almost the entire decade.

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp29/ytsejams_inc/TA2009.jpg

Thread semi-hijack: did you go see Marillion in Montreal??

Shaye

You bet I did.... A utterly fantastic three nights it was indeed. :worship:
I won't rub it in as I assume you missed it?

Let's hope for a Transatlantic show somewhere in the south east in the near future, and for a break in Bloodbound schedule at that time...:)

You bet I did.... A utterly fantastic three nights it was indeed. :worship:
I won't rub it in as I assume you missed it?

Let's hope for a Transatlantic show somewhere in the south east in the near future, and for a break in Bloodbound schedule at that time...:)

Indeed I did. *sigh* And lost $150 to do so. (Had to sell my tickets at a loss.) I've been to all the other conventions, so this was the first one I missed.

Not sure I could drag Urban to a Transatlantic show... and not entirely sure I want to. :) The first one was okay, but a bit proggy for my taste *yep, I know--go ahead and make fun of me). I love Pete dearly, but this just ain't quite my cup o' joe (unless they've mellowed out the proggier elements some...?).

mëtålspëd;8203031 said:
It is a mystical device that probably had a part in your conception, judging from the question (inferring your age). ;)

I'm old enough to be your daddy. I'd wink but hell if I can find the winker smiley.

Yeah I read about it in MySpace, can't wait for it! :Smokin: