Transatlantic - "The Whirlwind"

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I don't know how many fans of this project are here but since their debut I was totally hooked into them (of course I was already a fan of The Flower Kings, Dream Theater and some Spock's Beard).

I was damn sad when Neal Morse bail out of both SB and Transatlantic, and I was never expecting another album ever...so when the news filtered about a reunion an d a recording I was totally nuts about it.

So finally in October 27th the new album will come out, this is the artwork:

whirlwind480.jpg

The song list is:

1. 'Overture/Whirwind'
  2. 'The wind blew them all away'
  3. 'On the prowl'
  4. 'A man can feel'
  5. 'Out of the night'
  6. 'Rose colored glasses'
  7. 'Evermore'
  8. 'Set us free'
  9. 'Lay down your life'
  10. 'Pieces of heaven'
  11. 'Is it really happening?'
  12. 'Dancing with eternal glory / whirlwind (reprise)'
plus if you buy the special edition you get a bonus CD with extra songs and covers:

1. SPINNING
  2. LENNY JOHNSON
  3. FOR SUCH A TIME
  4. LENDING A HAND
  5. THE RETURN OF THE GIANT HOGWEED (Genesis)
  6. A SALTY DOG (Procol Harum)
  7. I NEED YOU (America / The Beatles)
  8. SOUL SACRIFICE (Santana)
there will be also a deluxe edition with the 2-CDs and a making of DVD. I'm gonna go for the deluxe edition, not much interested in the DVD unless the price difference is small (sometimes happens).

P.S. Oh yeah, I just downloaded the promo (with voiceovers) and the band is delivering EXACTLY what I was expecting from them even after a 7 years hiatus, so yes I'm really excited about this one :Smokin:

I already ordered the 2 CD/DVD version. I was going to wait, but then I seen some trailer for it and ordered instantly. Sounds like it's going to be killer from the small sample I heard. I do like a good dose of prog rock sometimes. I am going to wait until I get the CD to hear the rest. Can't wait!

This is yet another band I've been meaning to get into but just haven't gotten around to. So much good metal -so little time!

Transatlantic is more on the progressive rock side of the equation. Nevertheless a fantastic band, and I rather have Portnoy here than bitching his life in DT :heh:

They also just released a 3CD+2DVD from the tour of this album (I'm a fan but not such a fan even at $33 which is low for a 5 disc set).