TRANSCENDING this Sat May 24th roll call!!

So who's actually coming to the gig?
Please note that TM take to the stage at 8.20pm sharp so don't be fashionably late for this as the guys would very much appreciate your support.:kickass:

lord_24052008_web.jpg

For those who haven't been to the stag it's a great pub with an excellent band room.Parking out back for those who are driving otherwise bus from the city up to parramatta rd or train to Petersham station and walk down Crystal street and your there.

I loved it. Although I had not seen LORD's full set in ages, Transcending was my highlight. The new stuff is okay, I do not hate it, it was good. I am not really into it but some of it i did like, but I suppose I am trying to like it because of my Transcending Mortality bias. All in all though, new material was okay, and stormy doesn't like much at all, so good work. Even I, a self-proclaimed idoitwhen it comes to music, noticed how the 2nd guitarist was missing, but all in all I only noticed it rarely, and I don't care, it still kicked arse and Shane managed to pick up the various different tunes quite awesomely (yes i made up a word there). I honestly loved it. Every bit of the album I loved, just has a deeper sort of meaning to me I suppose. Can't really explain it, hope everyone knows what I am on about. Mike's voice is beautiful, and along with the music, its all just so awesome. Im so glad i came to experience those songs because it might be the last time you guys ever perform them.

The eternal were okay, I know I wouldnt mind them but also knew they wouldnt be my highlight.

LORD fucking rocked. If footstepsin the sand ever leaves the setlist i will kill somebody, its the new "against the wind" for me. Going down is ace too, favourite song from the new album that was performed i reckon.

But as i said, seeing transcending again, especially playing those old songs brings back the memories of a year or two ago when all these songs were new to me and completely fuck awesome. Was nice to seeJohnno enjoying the new and the old songs as well. Was a nice touch. Didn't catch darker half, but I am sure i will soon. Seeya chaps.

Thanks heaps guys! Really glad to hear you enjoyed it. Was a lot of fun playing Into the Light and Twilight again. The Eternal and LORD were great as usual and what i saw of the Darker Half set was great as well. Those guys are really coming along.

Yeah that was an awesome gig!
Cheers to all who came and all 4 bands who showed a sample of the awesome amount of talent we have in the Oz melodic metal scene!:headbang:
I enjoyed them all and of course loved every minute of TM's set! Playing with only 1 guitar especially on the old songs is hard and i wanna give a real big sign of respect to Shanestorm for doing so but also a massive nod of appreciation to new bassplayer Natstorm who did his best to cover both bass and second guitar on certain spots and played like a 4 handed motherfucker! In his own way this guy is the best bassplayer TM has ever had!
Also the whole band just ripped it up and not one person seemed to leave the room for the whole TM set! I think it also made a lot more sense mixing it 50-50 with new and old stuff as the old TM fans will def pay more attention to a non familiar track between old classics!
And hopefully TM will always have the option to throw in an oldy for the original fanbase as none of their songs have ever been worth discarding altogether.So make sure you came to the next show BrainStormster!:kickass:
p.s. I could have cried when you played Twilight! I love that song and fuck me Shanestorm if that isn't the best guitar solo in that song i've ever fucking heard!
Even Loomis would have to bow down!:OMG:
Fuck, i am the ultimate TM fanboy! How gay.

Like I mentioned on the night, weaning the new material into the set gradually is definitely the way to go I reckon. I liked the new stuff, personally, but the old stuff is what existing fans can identify with. I did miss the second guitar sometimes, though, but man... Shane, your playing has improved through the roof since I saw you last! Some very awesome stuff indeed! The backing vocals really add a lot to the sound as well.

Top stuff! :)

Thats cause you're a fag and dont care enough.

When Mike said something about a song "that long red-haired dude over there" wanted played, i thought i was finally gonna hear a Brainstorm song. Just thought I would mention that considering Dave is added brain and storm to the start/end of words now.

(a)Thats cause you're a fag and dont care enough.

(b)When Mike said something about a song "that long red-haired dude over there" wanted played, i thought i was finally gonna hear a Brainstorm song.

a) You know that comment is going to come back to bite you on the arse repeatedly :p

b) :lol: I get the feeling you could quite easily become a Brainstorm fanboy yourself. Have you actually heard much yet?

Like I mentioned on the night, weaning the new material into the set gradually is definitely the way to go I reckon. I liked the new stuff, personally, but the old stuff is what existing fans can identify with. I did miss the second guitar sometimes, though, but man... Shane, your playing has improved through the roof since I saw you last! Some very awesome stuff indeed! The backing vocals really add a lot to the sound as well.

Top stuff! :)
Thanks Tim! Really appreciate the positive comments.