Transportation information please!

GreggSuspyre

May 31, 2005
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
Hello everyone!
I have some logistical questions regarding the festival. My band is coming over from America and need information on the best way to get to the venue/hotel.

What's the best airport to fly into? Dusseldorf, Germany seems to be the closest, but I don't know how hard it is to get over the border. Amsterdam is the closest big local airport, but it's a few hours away. Any help here will be appreciated.

Also, what's the deal with sharing equipment? Is there a house kit and amps?

Thanks!!
-Gregg (from Suspyre)

As you wrote, Düsseldorf is the nearest Airport, no problems about the border you just drive across it(usually and I presume you'll hire cars at the airport for transport).
Equipment share, it's better organizers(Rene or someone) answer that, but there usually is a housekit

Dutch public transportation is amongst the best in the world (not bragging there :p) and its easy to navigate. Having to drag around your luggage all the way might be a bit of a bother though. Personally I'll be coming to the festival from the north-west of the country (about an hour north of Amsterdam) completely by public transport.

Distances in Europe are also very different compared to the US. To compare, the Netherlands is about twice the size of Rhode Island, which is the only state in the US smaller than our country :p You can drive from Amsterdam to Baarlo within 2.5 hours. And like Russel said, the borders between most European countries have been all but removed since the Schengen treaty, which allows free travel between members of the EU. Public transport between Germany and the Netherlands is quite good as well, from what I've heard. With trains going across the border several times a day at the very least.

Hey Marcel,
I doubt the band will ue public transport since it requires some changes in transport.
Probably lot of stuff to carry around:)

We'll rent a car this year as we arrive to Eindhoven(130euro for friday to monday + petrol).

Tomorrow I'll go to Gothenburg(300km away) at a small free festival, Slottskogen Goes Progressive.
Performance with;
ØRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE
ANEKDOTEN
DARKWATER
MOON SAFARI
JOHAN RANDÉN & SYNKOPATERNA

SGP

Thanks a lot for the info, everyone! I'm glad Europe is easy to get around. I recently drove to Canada and they had so many questions for us while I was crossing the border both ways.

We're going to be flying into Düsseldorf and taking a train to Venlo and then we'll figure out a way to get the hotel/venue. I hope we don't have to bring our amps, because that'll be a big hassle to bring on the plane and train - unless we can use those battery powered mini amps, heh.