TRENT REZNOR Says KANYE WEST And THE WEEKND Stole NINE INCH NAILS' Show

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor went after rappers Kanye West and The Weeknd during an interview with BBC Radio 6 Music, claiming the pair of hip-hop superstars "ripped off" NINE INCH NAILS' live show. Reznor explained: "I remember us watching a string of bands on Coachella from the comfort of our couch. And every band has a video playing behind them. And every band is synced up with a convenient, polite lighting package, you know? And I saw Kanye West blatantly rip off — and The Weeknd rip off — our tours production-wise, which I'll say without any hesitation. And they know." Both NINE INCH NAILS and West have worked with production designer Martin Phillips in the past, according to Pitchfork. And in a 2017 interview with Billboard, The Weeknd's lighting and production designers, Sooner Routhier and Robert Long, credited Reznor for inspiring their design work, saying: "We've always called [The Weeknd's] aesthetic the NINE INCH NAILS of R&B." NINE INCH NAILS released its new EP, "Bad Witch", last Friday (June 22). It concludes a trilogy of EPs that started in 2016 with "Not The Actual Events" and continued in 2017 with "Add Violence".

Continue reading...