TRENT REZNOR Working On Secret Project For APPLE

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor has revealed in a new interview with Billboard that he's working on an undisclosed music-related project for Apple. Reznor is the chief creative officer for Beats Music, the streaming service started by Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine that was purchased by Apple earlier this year. Asked about his new effort for Apple, Reznor said, "Beats was bought by Apple, and they expressed direct interest in me designing some products with them. I can't go into details, but I feel like I'm in a unique position where I could be of benefit to them. That does mean some compromises in terms of how much brain power goes toward music and creating. This is very creative work that's not directly making music, but it's around music."Reznor hinted that the project is in the "world" of music delivery, adding, "It's exciting to me, and I think it could have a big enough impact that it's worth the effort. I'm fully in it right now, and it's challenging, and it's unfamiliar and it's kind of everything I asked for — and the bad thing is it's everything I asked for."Reznor also told Billboard that he is working on new NINE INCH NAILS music, but doesn't see himself going out on another 11-month tour like the one he just did, explaining, "I don't see any full-fledged rock extravaganza happening maybe ever, certainly not for the next several years."NINE INCH NAILS has been nominated for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame this year, with Reznor saying, "I find it flattering to be one of the nominees. It would be an honor to be a part of that if it goes that way. And if it doesn't, it doesn't. I've done the best work I can do."The latest NINE INCH NAILS album, "Hesitation Marks", came out in September 2013 after a hiatus of more than four years.Reznor's most recent musical work is the score for the movie "Gone Girl", which he composed with longtime collaborator Atticus Ross. The pair also composed the scores for "The Social Network" and "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo".

More...