Trent Rezor Announces New NIN Album In The Works

Euuuugh. I'm a NIN fan from ages back, but to be frank I thought everything after The Fragile was weak. Yeah he's always a fantastic musician, but I preferred pissed off Trent to mature Trent.

There is still some pissed off NIN post-Fragile, but I understand what you are saying. Tbh, I love almost everything hes done under the NIN name.

Each album has a completly different vibe which makes his live shows all the better. You get it all. AND his newer shit is great to have at his disposal live, because they provide a great change of pace that flows nicely, and that lets his creativity run amok. Songs that I didnt particularly care for were brought to the light when experienced live.

Gateway "industrial." If I am nostalgia bombing for some late 80s / early 90s industrial rock shit I'll throw on Rabies or ANGST, never never never will I play NIN.

I respect this view, and know MANY who feel this way and give me shit for listening to NIN or wearing my The Downward Spiral shirt, but I got into Nine Inch Nails first, before Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Einsturzende Neubauten, etc. and I still have a great fondness for his music. I don't feel like he ever claimed to be "the king of industrial" or anything, he's just always had more of a pop sensibility in his musical style than most of the other musicians in that vein. In fact, before forming NIN, I hear his music was much closer in style to something like Thomas Dolby than, say, Big Black.

I will agree that his post-Fragile material has not appealed to me as much as everything that came before (sans the 10^100 pointless remixes). Still, Year Zero blows With Teeth into another universe, WT was def. the weakest NIN effort. While I am interested in hearing the new material under the Nine Inch Nails name, I'm much more curious to hear some music from him that goes in a different direction. He's brilliant as a producer, and he needs to collaborate with other artists more, something he is ALWAYS talking about, but rarely does (rarely at least in proportion to how much he talks about it). There, I just talked way too much about Nine Inch Nails on a Heavy Metal Messageboard :cool:

[/coffee-buz]

I hate NIN. I have not heard a single song I like by Trent Reznor.

Except for the cover of Supernaut he did with 1000 Homo DJs.