Trey = god

loebs

Oct 27, 2002
nj
http
As a guitar player adn still learner i still find Trey as one of my biggest influences-idol and i dont even write metal,, people like him, jimi page, and mickael alkerfeldt are on my high list,,, do some u muscicians feel this way as well about him?

Yesturday I read one of my friends old metal edge magazines back when Gateways was new and in an interview Trey said that MA are not a technical band. He was never given lessons, he doesn't know what key he is playing in or anything, but the style that he came up with he calls it lava. I still think that he is good.

His soloing is his main strength. Just listening to Secured Limitation's gives me the willies. Once i get round to learning how to play my guitar i'm sure i'll rip off Trey for everything he's worth.

I'm into his "lava" lead playing. I think guitar leads are supposed to have that odd feeling and be in the same dimension with the music but with no boundaries like scales etc...

Oh yeah man for sure! I wouldnt call him god or anything but definatley a brilliant guitarist. I play guitar too and have just finished mastering the art of plam mute tremoloing so now i want to master the art of tap solos like Trey. I listen to Treys Lava stuff and i am extremly impressed with how clean he plays the tap, he dont use a pick i always see him using his finger. Like if any of you have heard the song Sworn to Black listen to the amazing tap solo in that song, and if you still think its studio effects listen to the entangled in chaos album when Trey does the solo LIVE AND PERFECTLY! Thats talent man. Drugs or no drugs Trey's solos are something to remember forever.