Tribute Albums

Eagle

Raging Heathen!
Sep 10, 2002
Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site
Generally I'm not a huge fan of Tribute albums, however there are a couple that I do rate. Those being the Judas Priest double one (features Gamma Ray, Jag Panzer, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Nevermore, Angra, Stratovarius, UDO, Rage, Helloween, Saxon, Fates Warning, etc.) And the other being a recentish Maiden one (Features Steel Prophet, Children Of Bodom)

Does anyone know of any other decent tribute albums?

I have to say I'm a bit of a fan of tribute albums. The main ones I like I think Eagle has already mentioned. The Judas Priest double has some excellent tracks on it. I think my fave is BGs cover of my fave Priest track ...Beyond the Realms...... but the rest is class too.

I have Holy Dio as Eagle rightly remembered and again I think it's the BG track that does it for me but again a good listen all round.

The Tribute to the Beast has some stuff on too. I particularly like Opeth's Remember Tomorrow.

The only other I have ..I think....is Humanary Stew...the Alice Cooper tribute......Bruce's version of Black Widow is excellent.

The Helloween one I haven't got but if it's excellent I'll give it a whirl. It's on Arise isn't?

In Conspiracy With Satan: A Tribute To Bathory is an amazing tribute! I like most of these covers better than the originals! It was also my first Black Metal album, enabling me to discover the joys of Dark Funeral, Nifelheim, Gehennah, Lord Belial and others... :)

-The Savatage Tribute - Return of the Mountain King is not excellent, but worth a listen.

-There's a Van Halen tribute featuring 80's people like Warrant, Great White, Ratt, ecc., which features some very good tune.

-The Moon Revisited - typical Magna Charta tribute, this time bands like Enchant, Shadow Gallery, Cairo, ecc, covered the whole Dark Side Of The Moon. Only for fans, it's almost the same album!

-There was a Dream Theater tribute made buy some italian bands, some tunes rocked. Any of you knows it ?

About the the helloween tribute, part2:
do anyone know which bands that will make a contribution on the second part?

kalmakoff: i don't like sonata arcticas version of "i want out" either..i think hammerfalls version is better..

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
About the the helloween tribute, part2:
do anyone know which bands that will make a contribution on the second part?

kalmakoff: i don't like sonata arcticas version of "i want out" either..i think hammerfalls version is better..

Here is the tracklist of the new Helloween tribute album (out on December 9th):

Iron Savior - Phantoms Of Death
Steel Attack - Dr. Stein
Powergod - Starlight
Beto Vazquez Infinity - A Tale That Wasn't Right (feat. Dark Moor's Elisa)
Arwen - March Of Time
Highlord - Power
Freternia - Murderer
Paragon - Metal Invaders
Vhaldemar - Gorgar
Celesty - The Chance
Dragonland - Soul Survivor
Axenstar - Twilight Of The Gods
Red Wine - Rise & Fall
More awesome tribute albums to come are the Metallica and Led Zepellin tribute:

METALLICA - A Tribute To The Four Horsemen (out on December 2nd)

In Flames - Eye Of The Beholder
Nevermore - Ride The Lightning
Primal Fear - Seek & Destroy
Sinner - Wherever I May Roam
Destruction - Whiplash
Apocalyptica - Harvester Of Sorrow
Crematory - One
Dark Tranquility - My Friend Of Misery
Sonata Arctica - Fade To Black
Therion - Fight Fire With Fire
Rage - Motorbreath
In addition: Anthrax, Cannibal Corpse and Motorhead

LED ZEPELLIN - The Music Remains The Same (out on October 28th)

Grave Digger - No Quarter
Mago De Oz - Whole Lotta Love
Angra - Kashmir
Elegy - Rock And Roll
Masterplan - Black Dog
Tierra Santa - Communication Breakdown
Axxis - Good Times, Bad Times
Doro - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Consortium Project - Immigrant Song
Blaze - Dazed And Confused
Primal Fear - The Rover
White Skull - Stairway To Heaven

Want more news about METAL?
Check my website: Metal Maniac Website

thanks RudiPell!
helloween part 2 looks awesome. alot of great bands!
can't wait to get the second part :D
i will probably check out the metallica tribute too..and led zeppelin as well :)

NP: edguy - out of control :headbang: