Trigger 2 Update Is Finally Here!!!!

brianhood

No Care Ever
Except not.

Seriously, it's been almost a year and a half since the last Trigger 2 update.

This is one of the most unstable and unusable plugins I own, and it's frustrating because it's one of their flagship products. They seem to just be neglecting it.

I'm done with this rant, but am I the only one frustrated by this?

I'm to the point where i'm desperate for a better alternative for drum sampling in Pro Tools 11

Have you tried the latest Drumagog? The old one was pretty bad, but i like drumagog 5 better than the others. Most dont agree but i find it accurate and dont end up doing to much by hand at all. I know quite a few quys love the massey one. Cheers.

Have you tried the latest Drumagog? The old one was pretty bad, but i like drumagog 5 better than the others. Most dont agree but i find it accurate and dont end up doing to much by hand at all. I know quite a few quys love the massey one. Cheers.

I hated drumagog 5 when I first tried it, but that was years ago so maybe I should give it another go.

What is the "massey one"? Do you mean massey DRT?

I got sick enough of it that I ended up getting a refund for the original purchase price of Trigger1 3-4 years after I originally purchased it. The only way Slate will listen to us on his products being broken dogshit is if it hurts his wallet.

I find it HILARIOUS in his new video for the subscription service that he says most of Slate Digital staff are all working engineers/mixers... I do not believe that for one second - anyone who actually used their products on a regular basis would know how unstable they are.

Well I totally love massey DRT, less trouble! it triggers a lot better than Trigger2, but sometimes is not really accurate, I have to move some trigger points to avoid phase problems (or move the resulted midi notes).
When it fails to trigger properly, it triggers the transient too early, btw I have the plugin updated to the latest version.
I don't use Trigger to trigger audio anymore, but I use it on midi notes generated by massey DRT

Well I totally love massey DRT, less trouble! it triggers a lot better than Trigger2, but sometimes is not really accurate, I have to move some trigger points to avoid phase problems (or move the resulted midi notes).
When it fails to trigger properly, it triggers the transient too early, btw I have the plugin updated to the latest version.
I don't use Trigger to trigger audio anymore, but I use it on midi notes generated by massey DRT

I've been using it this way since it came out!! I prefer the flexibility of midi, and knowing absolutely that a note will or won't trigger

well my current workflow for resampling is this:

1. Convert drums to midi via Massey DRT
2. run that midi into Trigger 1 (because Trigger 2 literally does not work with MIDI)
3. Print samples from trigger 1 to audio track

I'm pretty much dead set on resampling via MIDI because of how much time is saves me with velocity automation, and how much control it gives me with that.

That being said, any suggestions for alternatives for midi triggering, I'm open to new ideas.

In my case (PT 11) Trigger2 works with MIDI, when it occasionally doesn't trigger, I just unload and reload the plugin (making it inactive and reactivating it again)

In my case, Trigger 2 doesn't work with MIDI.

It adds a weird amount of latency to random instances of Trigger...and inactive\reactivating doesn't help, nor does restarting Pro Tools.

Not only that, but Trigger 2 is a guaranteed crash-fest for me. So unstable.

i never had any issue with trigger or any other slate plug until yesterday with the new VMR update, sometimes, when you have the new modules in the racks it just stops sounding. But trigger, never a problem

Slate plugins are great but they're unstable as fuck. I get bugs & crashes all the time with VMR and VTM. And FG-x loses settings when I reopen a session, move the instance or de/activate a track. I can't even trust 100% the save button. A pain in the ass to note the settings and double check every fucking time my settings!! I think I'll sell every Slate stuff and get real professional plugins.

The only issue with the drt + ssd combo is the fact that ssd can't load .tci files (which is bullshit).

Slate plugins are great but they're unstable as fuck. I get bugs & crashes all the time with VMR and VTM. And FG-x loses settings when I reopen a session, move the instance or de/activate a track. I can't even trust 100% the save button. A pain in the ass to note the settings and double check every fucking time my settings!! I think I'll sell every Slate stuff and get real professional plugins.

I've done this; between Waves, FabFilter, and MetricHalo I'm pretty well set + super stable.