trip to Germany, Solitude Aeturnus, no Twisted Sister :(

Welcome. It's my goal to make you blush at least once a month, and smile of course. I am glad you had a fun time. I envy you seeing SA. Seems like forever since I got to see those guys.

:)
well, imagine how it must have felt for me, I was seeing them for the FIRST time. :yow:

fun time indeed, (especially when I remember how a bar tender didn't know how to sell me straight Jack Daniels, as he only had Whiskey Coke on the list, so he charged me 2 euros for a deciliter instead of I don't know how much. :p )

haha those pink leggings... :lol:
Its amazing, if you would have showed me this picture
without telling me where you took it, I'd say right away:
"germany or holland: :lol:
I've seen so many metal dudes wear those hot pink leggings at concerts and festivals there... its like one big internet joke
who got out of porportion :lol:
gaaaaaawd!

on another note, lovely pictures, as always tee!
I love the last one of you "before you passed out" its a funny one :)
and the kitty picture.... awwwwww!
glad you had fun girl!!! :kickass:

my dearest T. made a fairly good report of the whole event.

I almost got nuts of hapiness when I saw Techio live, as he is amongst my favorite singers (along with the guy from Serpent's Knight and couple more...)

Solitude Aeturnus are divine. They made it worth it the two salaries that we gave for them, at least in my book, but ok, this is well known.

Now, I have to add here that, being an old schooler I enjoyed almost every band. My highlights, except for SA and 7 witches were: Riot (who played three tracks of thundersteel :headbang: ), Grim Reaper (all time classic), Exciter with an excellent live performance and Ross the Boss (yeap, early Manowar, u fucking whimps. :Smokin: ). My beloved Wotan didn't perform very well, as their sound was a bit shitty, unlike all the other groups that had excellent sound. Powervice were really ok as well.

And while T. was watching other men's leggings :lol: I had to admit that it is quite painfull to go there and not have at least 150 Euro to spent for CDs and/or T-shirts.

I will only add here that I was happy to see Grigoris and Jim.
All in all it was an experience that I have never lived before and it was at least interesting.

Ah! Not to forget that Germany is beautiful, at least what I saw from it and for the record:
It costs 2.20 Euro to get from Maybachstrasse to Hauptbahnhof using the U6, and 2.90 to Flughafen using U6 and S2 or S3, and almost every meal in a restaurant for two ppl 30 Euro. :lol:

DreamNeonBlack said:
But his work is always amazing. Watchtower, NonFiction and Hades were all fine bands.
did you listen to Power? I have their CD "Justice of fire" and Alan sings on it. i think it is one of his best works. The production is not as good as late Hades, but the result is a-f**king-mazing. :worship:notworthy:worship:

well it depends on the standards by which you judge.

the beer in the festival kinda sucked. they have some local brewery from a village arround there and it was not that good. I have tasted Croatian beer that is better... (not to mention greek :) )

tee, i'm glad to hear you had a great time :) unlike you, though, i love festivals and don't mind standing the whole day, getting drunk, having no sleep etc. (although the sleep problem is a big problem for me :) )

Solitude Aeturnus is excellent. You'd think that living in Texas I'd have seen them more, but they play Houston about as often as they do anywhere else, which is virtually never.

I did get to see them 2 years ago though, headlining the Houston Bang Your Head festival that my buddy James Rivera put together. :kickass:

Neon Black said:
tee, i'm glad to hear you had a great time :) unlike you, though, i love festivals and don't mind standing the whole day, getting drunk, having no sleep etc. (although the sleep problem is a big problem for me :) )

that's great then. you don't have to book a room in a hotel or a motel cuz you stay up per at least 48 hours in a row. :loco:
I don't mind getting drunk at all, but I do mind being bored... :erk: