trip to Germany, Solitude Aeturnus, no Twisted Sister :(

Tee

Satan's yoyo
Oct 31, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
so, about Keep It True festival in Germany.
basically I'd only want to share some pics, some thoughts and so.
1) fuck festivals, going to see a band only for them is by far better. this just wears you out, you don't have to be drunk to stumble or fall, fatigue makes you puke in the end. fuck (almost) whole 15 hours of standing.

2) of course, I only wanted to see Solitude Aeturnus and it really paid off. they are amazing, Mr. Lowe sings live the way he does on the records. plus, he's cool and friendly and.... lovely. :dopey: doesn't happen often that a band member thanks you for coming to see him/them perfom and bows to you. too bad they only played for 1 hour and some 10 minutes. from the setlist I only remember
Days Of Prayer
Opaque Divinity
Sightless
Destiny Falls To Ruin
Scent of Death
cuz I was too excited (and slightly loaded). I know there was maybe one or two more songs but really don't remember. SA are worth all the suffering I lived on that organized group trip to Lauda.

3) I was hoping I'd meet Twisted Sister as she said she would be there, I was searching, but nothing.... :(

4) Mr. Tecchio (Seven Witches played at the warm-up show on Friday) sings live in a way no decent for a man. :worship:

5) new SA album should be out in June (as some of you know) and I'm already very excited about it.

here are some of the treats:
tee_helping_greg.jpg
being all helpful

Tee_Greg1.jpg
the divine man who organized all this

Tee_kitty.jpg
wherever I may go... oh well... :)

Tecchio.jpg

met_tecchio.jpg
metalized in good company
SA.jpg
Solitude Aeturnus (not many pics, who'd care to take pics if you wanna watch and listen anyway!)

Tee_Robert%20Lowe.jpg
:) before I was to pass out, though...

met_Robert%20Lowe_2_kiss.jpg
ok, this I took before they kissed :oops:

and a random candy:
hottie_pink.jpg

only other bands I liked were Assassin and Paradox.

participants, only fyi:
warm-up show: Dantesco, Seven Witches, Drifter, Assassin, Demon
main show: Powervice, Wotan, Darkness, Silver Fist, Axehammer, Grim Reaper, Paradox, Solitude Aeturnus, Ross The Boss, Exciter, Riot.

if it hadn't been for SA, I would have surely died of boredom... depression. LOL

Awwwwww KITTIES (and large sweaty, burly, hairy men too... hawt)

Tee said:
so, about Keep It True festival in Germany.
basically I'd only want to share some pics, some thoughts and so.
1) fuck festivals, going to see a band only for them is by far better. this just wears you out, you don't have to be drunk to stumble or fall, fatigue makes you puke in the end. fuck (almost) whole 15 hours of standing.

2) of course, I only wanted to see Solitude Aeturnus and it really paid off. they are amazing, Mr. Lowe sings live the way he does on the records. plus, he's cool and friendly and.... lovely. :dopey: doesn't happen often that a band member thanks you for coming to see him/them perfom and bows to you. too bad they only played for 1 hour and some 10 minutes. from the setlist I only remember
Days Of Prayer
Opaque Divinity
Sightless
Destiny Falls To Ruin
Scent of Death
cuz I was too excited (and slightly loaded). I know there was maybe one or two more songs but really don't remember. SA are worth all the suffering I lived on that organized group trip to Lauda.

3) I was hoping I'd meet Twisted Sister as she said she would be there, I was searching, but nothing.... :(

4) Mr. Tecchio (Seven Witches played at the warm-up show on Friday) sings live in a way no decent for a man. :worship:

5) new SA album should be out in June (as some of you know) and I'm already very excited about it.

here are some of the treats:
being all helpful

the divine man who organized all this

wherever I may go... oh well... :)

metalized in good company
SA.jpg
Solitude Aeturnus (not many pics, who'd care to take pics if you wanna watch and listen anyway!)

Tee_Robert%20Lowe.jpg
:) before I was to pass out, though...

ok, this I took before they kissed :oops:

and a random candy:

only other bands I liked were Assassin and Paradox.

participants, only fyi:
warm-up show: Dantesco, Seven Witches, Drifter, Assassin, Demon
main show: Powervice, Wotan, Darkness, Silver Fist, Axehammer, Grim Reaper, Paradox, Solitude Aeturnus, Ross The Boss, Exciter, Riot.

if it hadn't been for SA, I would have surely died of boredom... depression. LOL

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy

Oh man, to see SA. I almost got to see them open for Mercyful Fate, but King got sick and cancelled the show, I was pissed. Didn't find out until i got to the venue in Hollywood. I am so excited that the new disc is finally going to be out, didn't know when thx for that. Cool pics. Ahh to meet the man, Rob Lowe, how cool. One of my all time favorite vocalists. Thx for sharing.

Awesome Tee, Yes SA RULE!!!! I wish they would do some shows around here, I haven't seen them live in ages.

Alan is an awesome front man, I have some reservations about him personally though, ( he was forever trying to steal my girlfriend of the time, and to be honest the way things ended between her and I, I should have given him to her HA HA )
But his work is always amazing. Watchtower, NonFiction and Hades were all fine bands.

agu.gif

a little spice to the excursion story.
just like all the others I didn't know we'd take the singer of Wotan with us after the show, to our hotel, so he could fuck. whereas he was staying at another hotel with his band.
in the morning, instead of going directly to Stuttgart, a bus full of people had to be driven to his hotel to leave him there, which was in another village, totally out of route to Stuttgart. the driver didn't know where exactly that hotel was, and it wasn't arranged in the first place that he drives random impalers around the area... I wish I had told him to leave him at some random bush instead of helping.
the lady flew from Greece so she could just.... fuck him. she didn't see shit of the festival. now that's what I call noble and generous! and none of us knew we'd give him full service: bed, breakfast and a drive home. :p I mean, we all paid for that, in cash, except the lady who gave the fur too.

the story had a happy end! Greek guys made it on time for the plane. we arrived at the airport right on time (for them to almost be late, LOL)

Will Bozarth said:
also, they should play Seeds of the Desolate.

They did when I saw them at Classic Metal Fest two years ago.

I was very impressed when I saw Tecchio with Seven Wtiches - he's really nailing it. Much better than when Rivera was in the band - I like Rivera, but he didn't work...

SA are indeed awesome, thanks for the pics :) I live about 20 minutes from them and have only seen them rehearse, they need to play live MUCH MUCH MUCH more often!

*edit, yes all of those bands should play here.

eaeolian said:
They did when I saw them at Classic Metal Fest two years ago.

I was very impressed when I saw Tecchio with Seven Wtiches - he's really nailing it. Much better than when Rivera was in the band - I like Rivera, but he didn't work...

I agree with you about Rivera with Seven Witches. I am a fan of Rivera, but not with Seven Witches. Ahh the days of Helstar, they were awesome.

:cry: Yeah, Tee, you couldn´t find me there, `cause I wasn´t there. Unfortunately I couldn´t afford it.
As I told before, I have started to study again, and in April and May I won´t get any money at all. I´m more than broke at the moment, so I won´t be able to visit any concerts or something. :cry: :cry: :cry:

But great to hear that you had a good time!! :)

note: I'm a fan of Rivera, doesn't matter if he sings at all. :D

@TS: :( I'm really sorry you couldn't make it. (we are more than broke at the moment too, but credit cards make miracles. both poles, positive and negative. next month will be pretty interesting when the bill arrives. :loco: )

Tee said:
note: I'm a fan of Rivera, doesn't matter if he sings at all. :D

@TS: :( I'm really sorry you couldn't make it. (we are more than broke at the moment too, but credit cards make miracles. both poles, positive and negative. next month will be pretty interesting when the bill arrives. :loco: )

As far as I know, Germans absolutely despise credit cards.