Trip to Germany

Kat1986

New Metal Member
Mar 26, 2007
I wasnt sure where to post this, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

My boyfriend and I are heading for a trip to Germany in the summer, and i'm trying to find out where would be the best place to go to (as he loves metal music and gothic clothing). I was reccomended Liepzig, but searching on the internet I can't find many shops or things of interest there, so would Berlin be better?

I know you guys are good (you are on the "ultimate" forum :) ) any advice would be great

Katx

I want to go to WACKEN OPEN AIR SO FUCKING BAD!!!!!!! RAWR.

Too bad I live in the US lol.

<< Also pretty fluent in german so language wouldn't be a prob.

Berlin is a fucking awesome city, you could probably find plenty of whatever you want there.

I'm flying to Frankfurt on the 4th of July to start my 2-week European tour. For my graduation present my folks are taking me to Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, France and Belgium.

I hope to find some good metal shops there, maybe some UMer's might live along the route.

Definitely hit up Wacken. There are also other fests like Earthshaker, which has a great line up, though. You don't want to miss all of this metal if you're going to be in that part of Europe.

When do you plan to go?
For gothic music and stuff the Wave-Gothik-Treffen in Leipzig in late march should be interesting. There's also a few metal bands that play on the festival. If you understand german visit schwarzes-leipzig for information about gothic orientetd events and shops in Leipzig.

In general i guess you can't go wrong with berlin. There should be shops and locations for every interest, though i can't name any at the moment.
For metal concerts in berlin you can take al look here