Trouble with Pro Tools and free VST ampsims

jackbraglia

Jul 27, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
www.vitalmastering.com
So I have podfarm, which works great with pro tools either in RTAS or with the VST wrapper. But I really want to play with all these free VST ampsims everyone raves about here (LePou, Ignite, etc), but when I try to use the VST to RTAS wrapper with them to use them in Pro Tools, it causes them to not load up properly. I get audio out of them, but the visual aspect of the plug-in doesn't work. What I mean by this is that when I try to turn a knob to lets say increase the gain or something, I hear the gain increasing, but the knob itself doesnt turn, so it makes it impossible for me to use the plug-in(s). Has anyone else had this issue? It happens with any and all of these free ampsims and distortion pedals.

The only thing I'm thinking is that this latest version of the fxpansion vst to rtas wrapper has some compatibility issues either with OSX Lion, or with these free plug-ins themselves. Any ideas?

i second the OP's question.
if fact does anyone have RTAS files of either LePou or nick crow plugs? i used them a lot before switching to PT and now i'm stuck with guitar rig and POD farm as well...
tough iv'e got to admit GR5 is not bad at all, but still i miss nick's MKII and LeCab

i second the OP's question.
if fact does anyone have RTAS files of either LePou or nick crow plugs? i used them a lot before switching to PT and now i'm stuck with guitar rig and POD farm as well...
tough iv'e got to admit GR5 is not bad at all, but still i miss nick's MKII and LeCab

yea its almost as if Avid/Apple just can't stand seeing us use anything thats free!

All my wrapped VST's GUI's show up normally, Pro Tools 10 on Windows 7 64 bit. I more have the problem where i'll load a wrapped plugin and get a shitload of delay and phase on the audio

We've talked about this issue here before. Most of the time the gui doesn't function correctly, but the automation does. So to get them to work, just enable the automation parameters and adjust those instead, like you would automate volume/ panning. At least that worked for me in PT9 when I tried some of Lepou's stuff a while back.