I stayed at this hotel in:
September, 2005
My ratings for this hotel are:
Okay, but some problemsService
TerribleValue
TerribleCleanliness
I traveled to this hotel with: myself
My visit was for: business
Would I stay at this location again: no way!
Avoid this motel at all costs. there is bugs on the floor wires running all over the place the phone was stolen from the sheraton. the tub and sink are disgusting bad part of town bad bad bad motel, in the photo of the motel there is grass no grass to be found when i got there

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor, Inc.

50 out of 50 TripAdvisor users found this review to be helpful.

Write a review of this hotel
Post your photos of this hotel
Did you find this review helpful? YesNo

User rating: 1 of 5 stars
Toronto: Downtowner Inn: "Absolutely Horrible"
Aug 5, 2005: A TripAdvisor Member, Charlotte, NC

Check prices with:

QuickCheck

June, 2005
TerribleRooms
TerribleService
TerribleValue
TerribleCleanliness
I traveled to this hotel with: boyfriend/girlfriend
My visit was for: out-of-town getaway
We also booked this hotel on the internent, and Expedia made it look halfway decent on their website.

We arrived and it was not in the greatest part of Toronto. They didn't even have the air conditioner in the room yet, but they put it in when we arrived. The 13" tv received one local public station. There was no mirror in our bathroom either and the bathroom and "kitchenette" were disgusting. There wasn't even any shampoo, toilet paper,or soap in the bathroom. The manager lied and said the maid was late. It was 9pm and he said the maid would be there soon. We had somewhere to be so after a few minutes I went to the front desk and caught him coming back from the store with those items. There were bugs in the bathroom and spiders in the bedroom. Underneath the beds was a lot of dust and other crap. They were remodeling at 6 in the morning hammering and banging away after we got home from the club at 5:30am so we really didn't sleep. On top of this, we had a whole big deal with Expedia. The room did not have their credit card machine set up so i was unable to pay at the time and I am not going to. I am also going to contact the Scottish Inn's corporate office in Atlanta as well as Expedia.

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor, Inc.

27 out of 27 TripAdvisor users found this review to be helpful.

Toronto: Downtowner Inn: "Disgusting"
Aug 2, 2005: A TripAdvisor Member, Glasgow

Check prices with:

QuickCheck

July, 2005
TerribleRooms
TerribleService
TerribleValue
TerribleCleanliness
TerribleDining
I traveled to this hotel with: friends
My visit was for: extended vacation
We booked this hostal over the internet for seven nights. We had to leave after one night as a member of my party was very badly bitten by bed bugs which were found crawling all over her bed.
I would not advise anyone to stay in this establishment.

22 out of 22 TripAdvisor users found this review to be helpful.

Toronto: Downtowner Inn: "Dreadful Experience - Avoid"
Jul 27, 2005: A TripAdvisor Member, London

Check prices with:

QuickCheck

June, 2005
TerribleRooms
TerribleService
Neutral/averageValue
TerribleCleanliness
I traveled to this hotel with: friends
I recommend this hotel for: tourists
My visit was for: extended vacation
What a terrible place. The room was dirty on arrival! - we had to ask for it to be cleaned. Then we had to ask for it to be cleaned again as their 'cleaning' meant sweeping everything under the beds. The place stinks of cigarette smoke, you just can't get away from it. The staff are totally disorganised, give contradictory instructions which becomes incredibly frustrating. Simple things are lacking, the bathroom did not have a mirror for example and the sink was a kitchen sink not a bathroom one. A place to avoid, better options in Toronto

depends how much, most of the places that say that are very v.good.....your not living there its just a crash pad...as long as its not in a seedy area.....
the 4 stars are even worse - crime is even worse...i been through that.....only place that are good are the porters and helpful people at the desk, that's what counts really....

haha this is what they write about the place i stay at in l.a
===== etc etc there's more

This place is FILTHY Dirty! The floors had vomit on them and hookers and drugs were present everywhere! It is unsafe! DO NOT STAY HERE!

haha Will, be careful,
Pembrock st. is located in the shittiest area in Toronto!
don't walk alone at night....
the good news are.... you are only 10min walk from all the action.
(i.e.: Queen st, the City hall + down town, and a part of Yong st.)
What are you going to do in TO? :)