Truly "old school"

Yes I read it at another board. My respects to the guy but I for sure don't want to get that old, I'm already 17 years overdue o_O

Isn't it great that really old people (like this person) and young ones (like some posters here) are all united by metal? Name it other genre that have such devotion. Moments like this makes proud of being a metalhead
vic.gif

Isn't it great that really old people (like this person) and young ones (like some posters here) are all united by metal? Name it other genre that have such devotion.

Blues
Jazz
Country
Classical
Prog rock

Basically any form of music that has a history of more than 20 years has fans of all ages. :)

Basically any form of music that has a history of more than 20 years has fans of all ages. :)

Of course they have, but IMO there´s a sense of one for all, and all for one in rock/metal that is not in other genres, independently of the age factor. The way we share, the attitude on gigs, the fandom, the Internet, etc.

Well maybe now with Internet there´s more contact that was before for other genre fans, and thus my appreciation is shortsighted. :loco:

Yes I read it at another board. My respects to the guy but I for sure don't want to get that old, I'm already 17 years overdue o_O

Isn't it great that really old people (like this person) and young ones (like some posters here) are all united by metal? Name it other genre that have such devotion. Moments like this makes proud of being a metalhead
vic.gif
i get what your saying.

what music has more loyal fans then metal music?
seriously, when you get into it your stuck for life

I saw a guy about that age or at least in his 70's at the Emperor show back in 2006... I was surprised to see such a ederly man headbanging to a Black Metal band lol