Trying out RedWirez Mesa 4x12

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com
Some mid-paced death metal to give these impulses a try.
Preamp was ReValver. Only double-tracked. I used SiR2 and stretched them 2% just to get a slightly darker/larger overtone (so 102%).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4128689/Just North of Hell/redTest.mp3

Boring track is boring, but it's just a bunch of riffs I've been using to test tones/drums for a death metal project I'm starting.

EDIT: after this thread evolving somewhat into me comparing different ones, here are all 3 tests put in one place for convenience:

RedWirez

Burny

Both Blended

Thanks man, it's just a bunch of riffs thrown together but it's slowly forming into a song. I guess it won't feel like one until vocals are on it.
Tbh, I originally started this project using Burny's free mesa impulses, and they fit the mix/style a whole lot better than the RedWirez, but I do still like them and will no doubt use them in other mixes. It's hard finding the balance with these, but they are great quality.

No, it's a commercial release so has to be bought. $9 is all it is though so it's certainly worth it.

BTW, just for comparison purposes, this was my original "go-to" impulse for this project - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4128689/Just North of Hell/Burny Test.mp3

Thoughts? Preferences? I'm actually starting to prefer the RedWirez the more I hear it... It's tighter.

EDIT: I'll combine the two with Lecab, see where that gets us...

It's my 7 string LTD M-307 with EMG 81-7 and 60-7.
As for the exact impulses, it's burny's new mesa ones, BL Joint_dc, blended with RedWirez Mesa 4x12, SM57, capedge-0.5in on one side, and capedge-1in on the other, just to make the tones a little different. Blended in equal proportions with LeCab

It's my 7 string LTD M-307 with EMG 81-7 and 60-7.
As for the exact impulses, it's burny's new mesa ones, BL Joint_dc, blended with RedWirez Mesa 4x12, SM57, capedge-0.5in on one side, and capedge-1in on the other, just to make the tones a little different. Blended in equal proportions with LeCab

i can't find this anywhere but is your guitar made of mahogany?

Yes sir it is.
HPIM0794.JPG