Trying to "Bodomize" a Shadows Fall song...

Rock Hydra

Feel the Strain!
Nov 27, 2005
Buffalo, NY. U.S.A.
Backstory: (not interested, scroll down)
My band and I are playing a show at our school talent/music show (mostly kids who listen to either country or rap, we'll see how this goes over). We're allowed to play 4 songs, so we drew straws to pick who got to play what.
We decided on:
Lamb of God - What I've Become (guitar player pick)
Trivium - Like Light to Flies (drummer pick)
Children of Bodom - Trashed Lost and Strungout (my pick, guitar)
Shadows Fall - Thoughts Without Words (Keybard pick)
(the bassist and the singer didn't get a pick, they drew the short straws :Spin: )

Anyway, back to the point, the keyboardist isn't playing in the first 2 songs, but playing the last 2.

I don't have a recording if the song by us yet, but...here's an attempt at trying to add a keyboard or "bodomize" it, as we call it. I tabbed the keyboard part into a guitar pro that I used to learn the song, as closely as I could to how we wrote it.

Midi - http://www.wtfbench.com/personal/ShadowsFall-ThoughtsWithoutWordswithKeyboard.mid
Tab - http://www.wtfbench.com/personal/ShadowsFall-ThoughtsWithoutWordswithKeyboard.gp4

Comments/suggestions helpful...

Thanks for the comments, It's a few months till the actaul contest. We need to prepare and practice quite a bit more before we record anything. I'm not that great at sweeping, and the sweeping part in the Trivium song and in Trashed, Lost & Strungout is giving me problems.

Great shit dude. Only thing I didn't like was the solos - I'd work on them, maybe improv them if you can, but don't keep them the way they are.

Tut Ankh Amon said:
you need a robot drummer, thats what you need :p

it sounded nice, btw ;)

Our drummer can't play it as written. Jason Bittner is a machine in that song.

Bodom Madness said:
Hm... Why not playing harmonies (the keyboard) in bars 140-143 (the end of the KB/Gutar solo)? :cool:
coolsnow7 said:
Great shit dude. Only thing I didn't like was the solos - I'd work on them, maybe improv them if you can, but don't keep them the way they are.

The only problem is, our songwriting/improv/theory skills suck. We tried...

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
why is there a tab for this song when you are playing destroyer of senses o_O

Rephrase??

LazyGuitar said:
Just get the keyboard player to make can opening noises and pretend you're on the set of the video.

Like in Hellion?? :cool:

u could always try doing guitar sweeps on keyboard, dimmu do that alot, depends if it fits with the guitars though, and as the guy earlier said, harmonies, i'm not sure about some of the lead sounds u have used but then i prefer strings and ooo's and aah's :p

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
Rephrase??

you had a tab for thoughts without words and said you are playing destroyer of senses... im confused :erk:

Yeah, good eye. I meant Thoughts without words. For some reason I typed Desroyer of Senses. :oops: