Trying to figure out the lyrics from the 1986 demo song 'Incubus'

Demecon

New Metal Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hey everyone, I've been listening to Sanctuary and Nevermore for years, and this has been messing with my mind for a while now. I thought it would be a good idea to post here for help.

What I got so far is:

I come to you in dreams and drill you slowly
I give the gift of (secret?) sex to you

I am incubus, obsessed by lust
No escape or sanctuary found

Nightmares in the dark (that penetrate you?)
I manifest desire in the night
Copulation burning deep inside you
Endless love is dripping down your thighs

Incubus, one (fatal thrust?)
Will make you feel the fire (in my grind?)

Writhing , sweating, flesh surrounds your body
Scream in pain, but nothing you can do
I suck your mind, your blood (I end up cumming?)
(I was?) thrashing, tearing you in two

Incubus, one (fatal thrust?)
Will make you feel the fire in (my grind?)

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: nckissfan
The main chorus is,
"I am incubus, obsessed by lust.
No escape or sanctuary found."

Second line is imo "I give the gift of sacred sex to you."

"Copulation burning deep inside you."

"Endless love is dripping down your thighs."

"Writhing, sweating flesh surrounds your body."

It sounds like he says "I suck your mind, your blood I end up cumming." but I can't be sure, definitely says "cumming" though.

Then it sounds like "Lions thrashing, tearing you in two." but again, can't be sure.

To my ears you got the rest correct, just need to figure out the "suck your mind" and "tearing you in two" ones I pointed out I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: nckissfan
The main chorus is,
"I am incubus, obsessed by lust.
No escape or sanctuary found."

Second line is imo "I give the gift of sacred sex to you."

"Copulation burning deep inside you."

"Endless love is dripping down your thighs."

"Writhing, sweating flesh surrounds your body."

It sounds like he says "I suck your mind, your blood I end up cumming." but I can't be sure, definitely says "cumming" though.

Then it sounds like "Lions thrashing, tearing you in two." but again, can't be sure.

To my ears you got the rest correct, just need to figure out the "suck your mind" and "tearing you in two" ones I pointed out I guess.
The second line now makes sense thanks to you. Same about the parts with "copulation", "endless love" and "writhing". "I end up cumming" makes more sense than anything else I thought, but it still doesn't sound very clear.

I don't think it's "Lions" but I'm trying to find something that makes more sense than "I was". Thanks though, this helped a lot.

Reactions: CiG
Thank god that was just a demo. Those are the kinds of lyrics friends and I would write in high school, and almost always as a parody.

But hey, at least the vocals and song sounded unmistakably Sanctuary (and good). That actually sounds like one of the thrashiest songs they've done too.

Last edited:
Also, to me it just sounds like he is saying "I am thrashing, tearing you in two".
I don't really hear "I am". It sounds more like what CASSETTEISGOD said.
I think I can hear an "s" somewhere in that word. But to be honest "Lions" doesn't really make sense to me.

Last edited: