Trying to form a band, south coast... What a nightmare

TTOS

Feb 12, 2007
Southampton, UK
myspace.com
For the best part of a year I've been trying to put together a band down here in Southampton, so far it's me on drums and the lead guitarist from my old band. We've auditioned 2 singers, 5 guitaristists and only 1 bass player. Apart from 1 of the guitarists all of them have turned up at the audition either totally out of their depth or not having bothered to learn the 2 simple audition tunes (Mandatory Suicide and Master of Puppets). I look nearly every day at all the musicians wanted sites, metal forums and still had no luck. Why is it soooo hard to find decent-ish metal musicians these days. I've got my own recording studio / rehearsal rooom and loads of experience etc,,, surely there must be someone down this way who'd be up for it!!
Anyone else here in a band and having the same problems? I'm 30 in 2 weeks and getting close to giving it all up........... :cry:

Any bassists, vocalist and rhythm guitarist interested in joining a kick ass metal band down south???

Fuck man, if you lived in Sydney Australia, i'd be all up for it providing you wouldn't mind a 17 year old, unfortunatly you dont live here so good luck with the search.