Trying to get a decent HM2 sound

Everything besides the snare sounds really good! The snare is way too machine like, especially on the faster parts.

Try using different samples randomly triggered? (If you don't have anything that can do this, aptrigga is a good and cheap vst). The snare needs more dynamics as well so I'd edit some variation into the midi track via piano roll.

Samples are a bit too clean and prominent, try adding in more room tone and start saturating things a bit.
Bass tone is great btw, what did you use for that?

Everything besides the snare sounds really good! The snare is way too machine like, especially on the faster parts.

Try using different samples randomly triggered? (If you don't have anything that can do this, aptrigga is a good and cheap vst). The snare needs more dynamics as well so I'd edit some variation into the midi track via piano roll.

Yeah, definitely have to work on the whole programming drums thing. Been doing it for about a month and a half. Still got a long way to go. Thanks for your input.

Samples are a bit too clean and prominent, try adding in more room tone and start saturating things a bit.
Bass tone is great btw, what did you use for that?

Hey, thanks for the input. The bass is split up into two tracks.

Clean track is my yamaha bass > presonus firestudio> Amplitube (Ampeg-svt 4 Pro) > Eq > Decapitator > T-racks (Black 76 and White 2A
back to back) > L1 limiter.

Second track is Amplitube (Orange thunderverb for distortion) > Eq > L1 limiter.