Trying to make EZdrummer sound better...

Wolfeman

I Prefer EL-34s. So What?
Feb 21, 2006
Cleveland
Hey guys, I was messing around with EZdrummer today, and wanted to get your opinion on if I'm heading in the right direction with it.

Here is the EZ track dry- Test1

Here is the track with a bit of editing- Test2

Sounds a lot better to my ears. What do you think about the snare, should I replace it? The kick is a 50% mix with one posted in the drum sample meta, I think it was called 'best kick on earth'....

in test 1 the bass drum is too thin and in the second it is overpowering the snare... but the snare is a bit too thin to begin with IMO (both test 1 and 2)

I also agree with the first reply. I would replace the kick 100% and maybe combine the ez drummer snare with a sample maybe like 50/50.

yeah I'll go through the snare collection and find something to replace it with... I don't know if i can run another instance of drummagog though.... Ill try it and see what happens.

It's the best one out of the three. I think the drums in this clip (and the other two) are too roomy. How much of the room mic are you using? What about the overheads?

It's the best one out of the three. I think the drums in this clip (and the other two) are too roomy. How much of the room mic are you using? What about the overheads?

Room is pulled down on the fader to -25.... I do have some verb on the hole group though, but i have the level for it at like 5 so it's barely there.... That might be causing it....

I thought it might be something like that. I turn it down usually and use my own compression like waves rcomp. The individual drums have compression and eq on them already though right? The comp mix just adds or removes the buss compression correct?