opinions on mix in progress. wagner, ezdrummer

Mix sounds pretty good to me. The overall high end is sorta bright (this is from EZdrummer DFH though...I've made the same sorta mixes....)

My suggestion would be to vary some of the ride cymbal programming.

That hi-hat is really annoying, guitar tone is good. Yeah more mids in general, start messing with some frequencies till you hear it start adding some warmth into the mix and it becoming a little more in your face sounding.

That hi-hat is really annoying, guitar tone is good. Yeah more mids in general, start messing with some frequencies till you hear it start adding some warmth into the mix and it becoming a little more in your face sounding.

you listened to the second mp3 i put up right? i think i tamed the high-hat thing

i dare not comment on the mix coz i've just started to embark on this complicated world of audio recording. the only thing that i realized is some weird guitar sounds due to hard picking (i guess) which produced some sort of artificial harmonies. tot tot tot. i dunno how to explain it but they are there. however, i loove your guitar riffs! awesome man!!! :worship:

anyway, if you don't mind, would appreciate if you can share with me on the following:

1) what's your setting on the wagner?
2) what's your guitar signal & FX chain?
3) what plugins do you use for mixing the drum tracks (for snare, kick, toms etc)?

thanks & have a nice day! :)

i will detail it out tonight or tomorrow. i apprecate it

you are problably hearing the pick scraping the higher strings on my up-strokes on a certain chord. it feels comfortable/fun playing it that way although it adds that sound so shrug

the toms are just ezdrummer. sorry no wav i think. i could search the directory but they sound different depending on the velocity of the hit