Trying to mix a demo I made, need help.

Boneman

Semi-noob
Jun 22, 2010
Tokyo
Ok this is my first post here and I have seen and read lots of stuff from very knowledgable people that really take this part of the process seriously, and its great.

Basically I am a one man band, and after a few attempts to work with some other people, I find that although I really enjoy it, the compromise I have to make on my songwriting is too much, and I dont want to do something I dont believe in or feel is a weak song.

Im not really a mixer or engineer, I dont think I have the ears for it, but Im trying to learn. I have ideas and things that I want to happen but its hard for me to find the words to express them.

Anyways in the last month I have written a new song and made this demo of it. The parts are about 85% what I want them to be, but the drums are really hard for me to figure out. Also the leads are a bit rough, kind of guide tracks and a bit spontaneous.

I would just like to see if you think Im heading in the right direction in terms of sonics, as I am looking to spend some money soon to do things professionally but need more time to save (and practice) .

Ok heres the track : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10842784/01-HOPE_Denial (demo).wav

I know some parts are out of time here and I will fix them once I have the time.

Im kind of at a crossroads where Im starting to believe Im getting somewhere I want to be musically, but also at times I hate everything I do, it can be very disheartening.

However dont be afraid to rip into this :D