Tube Comparison, 5150II Clipz

Liking the TAD sample best out of those 3. The sovtek sound a bit thin in this comparison. The TAD has some nice weight to the mids. But maybe that's just because of the amp settings favouring them, hard to tell :)

The amp settings are just the typical Sneap settings. Both clips are too bass heavy but it shows how each tube reacts in relation to each other in the same scenario.

The third clip is flip flopping between the first two clips btw :)

Well, the TAD's sound louder too. I dig them better too. The high-end sounds cleaner and they sound bigger overall. I've gotta try some in my Krank.

Change in tone could be attributed to the change in V1 as well. Can you do the same comparison with the TAD in V1 for both instances?

I think he meant can you do the same with the TAD in V1 both just swapping out the power tubes to compare how much role they're playing in the overall tone difference

I think he meant can you do the same with the TAD in V1 both just swapping out the power tubes to compare how much role they're playing in the overall tone difference

Exactly. That way the power tubes are the only variable, not the power tubes and V1.