Turisas - Turisas2013

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
The album title is a bit silly but I guess they couldn't come up with a name. The last album was ace. The new song is very odd indeed. Sounds less drinking man's metal or viking metal than ever and more like some avant garde pop rock band. The chorus is quite nice but the rest is just weird. I'll give it a chance but this is definitely not what I was expecting. Maybe it's just them taking the mickey the crazy Finns! After all Sonata Arctica have done it enough haven't they!

Last edited by a moderator:
The last album kinda lost me. It was not bad music per se, just not the type of music that attracted me to them in the first place. Sadly, this song seems to be going down the same road for me.

Probably the dumbest album title I've heard in a long time... it takes the unimaginative-ness of a self-titled album to another level. That of course, doesn't directly reflect on the music. This song isn't as heavy or as "viking" as some of their previous stuff, but they've been know to do the occasional groove-oriented song. They've never been an absolute favorite for me, but I wouldn't mind hearing the full album. They also put on a good live show a few months ago.

Probably the dumbest album title I've heard in a long time... it takes the unimaginative-ness of a self-titled album to another level. That of course, doesn't directly reflect on the music. This song isn't as heavy or as "viking" as some of their previous stuff, but they've been know to do the occasional groove-oriented song. They've never been an absolute favorite for me, but I wouldn't mind hearing the full album. They also put on a good live show a few months ago.

This.

And besides, "Take the Day" is about as epic an opening song for a radio show as you'd ever need. :)

I loved the first two albums, but it seems they've sold out a bit in a way that's hurt them as they're nothing like what their initial sound was.