Is It Just Me?

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I don't know if this is just me but hear me out. Sonata Arctica is my favorite band. Not one bad album, not one bad song. Well, I just saw a bootleg video of them and the keyboard player is playing a keytair. I thought that looked kinda silly. They still rule but didn't those things go out a long time ago? Do bands still use the? Just curious. Can't wait for the new Sonata Arctica and Angra coming out in Europe next week.

I think Henjo is an awesome keyboardist, therefore he is allowed to do it. He doesn't use it in all of the songs. As Zappa said "The keytar was just made so Keyboardist could move past the bass player in the groupie food chain"

Hahha yea I gave Jonah (Pyramaze) shit about his keytar when I was in Virginia last year but when he busted that beast out though, I quit ragging on him. A keytar can work if it looks cool, like his is black with the Pyramaze logo on it. That's cool. In the Tokyo Warhearts sleeve (Children of Bodom) Janne has like a bright apple red looking one that does look super 80's madness. Its like any instrument, it has to deal with the way it is presented and the way the artists handles it to come across as cool or not, although I will admit, the keytar has alot against it in terms of metal posing like you can do with a reg guitar.

Ben