I just realized something....

Xorv

Drug the Priest
May 30, 2005
the bowels of lochness
I love Sonata Arctica. Great band, but looking though my list of songs. I realized.....that Sonata Arctica does not have 1 good ballad. (slow/love song)
Maybe one decent one, but thats about it. Think about this...What are some of Sonata Arctica's best song? are most of them fast song, or slow songs? What about Dragonforce? What are they known for? I just realized....that these bands. All their slow stuff is just filler. Useless. When infanct all they really want to do is shred.

But....thats never a bad thing. :kickass:

and...theres the case of Opeth, but thats a whole other thread. I Bid You Farewell.

ballads are very hard to do right.
i think all power bands should sign a contract where they can't have more than 1 ballad per album.
it should be the law! if said law is broken lemmy goes to there houses and beats the shit out of their flower asses with a baseball bat.

Xorv said:
I love Sonata Arctica. Great band, but looking though my list of songs. I realized.....that Sonata Arctica does not have 1 good ballad. (slow/love song)
Maybe one decent one, but thats about it. Think about this...What are some of Sonata Arctica's best song? are most of them fast song, or slow songs? What about Dragonforce? What are they known for? I just realized....that these bands. All their slow stuff is just filler. Useless. When infanct all they really want to do is shred.

But....thats never a bad thing. :kickass:

and...theres the case of Opeth, but thats a whole other thread. I Bid You Farewell.

Dude, how can you deny the power of Replica from their debut as a great slow song! This is one of my fav Sonata tunes period - and has the kind of chorus that is down right infectious. You'll be singing it for longer than you care too after the tune is done playing.

I think graven image is a pretty high quality ballad that doesn't sound forced like a lot of other ballads.

and dark throne are little kids messing around with instruments they don't know how to play compared to sonata

MetalAges said:
Dude, how can you deny the power of Replica from their debut as a great slow song! This is one of my fav Sonata tunes period - and has the kind of chorus that is down right infectious. You'll be singing it for longer than you care too after the tune is done playing.

<3 My Land

MetalAges said:

dude! dude! Replica is netheir a ballad or a slow song.

Krigloch the Furry-ass said:
but they are very meh. I deleted their newest off my computer because it was so "light"

thats all you've heard? their newest stuff? Thats crazy! That like blowing off In Flames cause all you heard was STYE!!! or Metallica cause St. Anger wasn't riffy enough.

Seriously, I agree with Deron here. To me their other stuff is kinda boring, especially the earlier ones, but Replica has always stuck with me as one of my favorite songs. The newer stuff is good because it's finally innovative and strays from their typically tedious formulas