Who likes Sonata Arctica?

They will, and hopefully with a band I know cuz I will fucking go on tour with them, if not I'll hit up at least 2-3 shows that are around me, Toronto and Montreal for sure.

I love Sonata, but dude....

Please don't make me LOL. Even Tony himself said that his shit is cheesy. I think his lyrics are borderline gay/emo in some songs, but I still love it :lol:

Oh of course some of Tony's lyrics are pretty chesey. I've noticed the gay lyrics since day one,but it least there a little comical.He never really makes a full album without having one or two songs with pretty stupid lyrics."Last Drop Falls" is pretty gay but it makes me laugh. But his better songs really do kick ass.Such as the 3 chapters to the story of the man who grows up to be an obsessive stalker.(Caleb,to Dont Say A Word,to The End Of This Chapter)Its cool how the wrote the trilogy backwards.

SA is okay, I'm not biggest fan but I do listen them. I like Unia actually more than previous albums. I have heard them live quite many times and sometimes Tony's voice works, sometimes not. I have never really consider him as a create live singer, or let's put this way he is okay, but I haven't been impressed. For example Kotipelto, Dickenson and Dio have all been excellent at live everytime I have heard them. Then the singer of a one smaller Finnish band called Machine Men, is really good at live.

Yeah he either puts on a kick ass show,or he sounds like shit.The mark of a great live vocalist is consistant,powerful powerful performances night in and night in.Sometimes Tony makes it seem like hes only gonna try hard if Tony wants too try hard,as if he could care less what the band and the fans want.

I love Unia also.Its a weird masterpiece.The only album i like more than it is Silence.I really love the songs "Caleb", "The Worlds Forgotten,The Words Forbidden",and "The Harvest"

Can anyone reccomend me any SA's greatest songs?

I never heard this band.

Dont listen to those who said your not missing much.If you like COB than you'll like SA. Old SA was faster and more melodic,new SA is darker and heavier.The vocals may take a little while to get into.

Old songs to check out would be:

My Land,Fullmoon,8th Commandment
(there all off Ecliptica,the 1st SA album)[the album Heartless stated]

Black Sheep,Wolf and Raven,The Power Of One
(there all off Silence,the 2nd Sa album)

Let me know it you like those,and i'll recommend some new SA.Its really different from there older stuff.Enjoy!:kickass: