Tuska Problems

LazyGuitar

Jul 27, 2004
England
Anybody know where I can find the codec?

EDIT: So that it'll play on Real Player or Windows Media Player. It always says "problem.....codec"

I have a bunch and it didnt work with anything except real player for me for some reason. Yet my friend never updates codecs and it worked perfectly for him in media player. So just try it in every player you have.

Does any1 know what song Janne is playing...if it's actually a song... just before they play Downfall...You know...he's fuckin' around with his keyboard....He does the same thing at the Frankfurt gig.

If you are talking about the tuska 2003 vid...its an avi. I belive...so you need the proper codec for that format witch is the DIVX codec ...just go WWW.DIVX.COM and then from the home page go to the divx page, and at the bottom of the page it shold have some picture of the normal Divx, and it should say "free download" to the right of the picture. from there you just install the program (the Dvix player and its CODEC) and to make it play on windows media player go to "tools" and then to "options" and then to "file types"...click "select all" and "apply" and "ok" and it should work...
but if that fails then just open the vid with the divx player that you downloaded....and if that dosent work then mabye its just a bad file but most of the time its not....
so i hope this helped...
and if you guys were talking about what janne plays in between the "play some punk rock mother fucker"(but in finnish of course) i belive the song is Holy Diver by DIO\m/...but then alexi makes the audience yell it again louder and the janne starts to play downfall...I think.

children of norther said:
and if you guys were talking about what janne plays in between the "play some punk rock mother fucker"(but in finnish of course) i belive the song is Holy Diver by DIO\m/...but then alexi makes the audience yell it again louder and the janne starts to play downfall...I think.

You're in fire man...2 answers in one post :Spin: Yeah you're absolutely right ....I remember Alexi says something about Dio in Frankfurt...but I don't know Dio at all... I heard some great things about them...especially the Holy Diver album...Saw them with Maiden last year..they kicked ass..and it's unusual for me to like a band live without really knowing any songs.

As for the Downfall intro...he doesn't play the wrong notes. Janne actually plays the part that he normally plays when the guitar kicks in, which we don't hear that clearly usually.