TWELFTH GATE Back On MadPower 2006 Fest (with John from EF)

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Hey guys,

Here's the recent announcement about us being back on the bill for Madpower this year. Also, we'd like to thank John for accepting the challenge...you rawk bro!! :kickass:

Hope to see some of you there.

Take care,
Rob

-------------

TWELFTH GATE Back On MadPower 2006 Fest

Chicago based progressive thrash metal band TWELFTH GATE is officially back on the lineup for the 2006 MadPower festival. As previously reported, Twelfth Gate is currently seeking a new vocalist, which initially forced them to cancel, but have since recruited friend and Eden's Fall (also performing) vocalist John Barr to fill in for their performance at the fest.

MadPower is an annual event held in the Madison, Wisconsin area as a showcase for progressive, power metal and thrash metal bands. The all-day, 18+ festival will begin at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 21 at The Warehouse Stage in Middleton, WI and will feature the following metal acts:

CELLADOR
MIRROR BLACK
OTTOMAN EMPIRE
MINDWARP CHAMBER
EPICUREAN
ORPHONIC ORCHESTRA
UNDERTHREAT
TWELFTH GATE
LAZARUS
EDEN'S FALL
ATLANTIS PROJECT
COBZWEB
CYCLIC CREATION

For more information, visit the official Madpower MySpace (www.myspace.com/madpower2006) page.

Sweet! I'd like to see that, but the timing is bad. Make sure John holds back a bit in Eden's Fall's set so he has some energy left! And make him sing Orpheus :) John is the Metal Parrot! <joke from a thread in the EF Reviews>

Ken

metalprof said:
Sweet! I'd like to see that, but the timing is bad. Make sure John holds back a bit in Eden's Fall's set so he has some energy left! And make him sing Orpheus :) John is the Metal Parrot! <joke from a thread in the EF Reviews>

Ken
Sorry Ken, not even the metal parrot can handle that song!!! I don't even try to sing the TG stuff like Scott it's above my skill level so I just simplify everything and make it sound real f'ing angry!
Hold back? not a chance!!! I'm planning on tearing it up for both sets!!!

Jasonic said:
So how was the fest? I just read that Cellador had to cancel.

Yeah, Cellador canceled... But there were so many great bands there, you didn't even notice. It was like every band was putting everything they had into their set to make up for it. The energy level and quality of music was unreal...

Two bands that I never heard of, but really blew me away were UNDERTHREAT and LAZARUS. I got both their CDs and will definately be keeping an eye out for these guys. Maybe we can work something out to get them to Chicago someday...

John did an awesome job w/ Twelfth Gate. It was a lot different that we expected... He did all sorts of raspy growls and screams that we didn't even know he had in him! It was fun to be in the crowd cheering him on!:headbang:

Also, there was a video crew doing a 3 camera shoot. Dave from Mirror Black set it up and will be doing an edit and full release soon. We plan to have the DVD for sale on our website when it is done. We will let you know when we find out more...

It was interesting being on stage while my bandmates were in the crowd watching right along with the original singer of the band I was filling in for. It was a little strange but I had an absolute blast!