Twelfth Gate's Set at Powerfest 08

I really didn't hear anything worth apologizing for. I stayed during your set, as I enjoyed it. I could have easily left if I didn't like what I was hearing. If you feel that you could have done better, than it's just something to drill into the sound tech's head to fix next time. *shrugs*

There are better ways to let someone know how you feel about thier band and performance. But nothing is worse than people who say upfront that they like a band but later when they are in private to be the opposite. People have different taste...you are not going to like every band out there.

With all due respect my friend, I don't see how it could have impacted the vocal performance you gave.

There's no respect anywhere in that comment.

Props to Aaron for posting this, I've seen 12G raked over the coals over the past few days and it's undeserved. While the PF performance was far from my favourite, I've seen them with Aaron before and this performance was, as he said, definitely not representative of their normal show.

- R

Aaron and the entire Twelfth Gate crew fucking ROCK! Some of the best musicians/people I have had the pleasure of meeting in a loooong time. I implore you good people on this board to support everyone possible in an effort to build OUR SCENE. Godspeed and Cheers the 12G!:headbang:

There's no respect anywhere in that comment.

Sure there is. I could have said you're a horrible singer and I wish they'd bring the first guy back.

My mistake, I obviously didn't know not hearing yourself could impact vocals that much. I was referring more to his natural -core tough guy tone than the performance itself though.

That is the toughest looking picture of a dicksucker I have ever seen:lol:. Secondly, you aren't good enough to clean the toilets from PF:puke:
Feel the power of my words bruising your fragile sophmoric ego.

Sure there is. I could have said you're a horrible singer and I wish they'd bring the first guy back.

My mistake, I obviously didn't know not hearing yourself could impact vocals that much. I was referring more to his natural -core tough guy tone than the performance itself though.

If you don't realize that a singer's inability to hear themselves onstage can affect their vocal delivery, you probably aren't in much of a position to critique their performances. That's not exactly advanced music theory, it's basic common sense.

Again, I've seen 12G with Aaron before, and he did a very good job.

- R

I thought something might have been wrong with the performance. I gave 12th Gate a low(ish) score in my review, but stated that since it was my first experience with them I would have to hear them again to better judge them. I dont think that the vocal style is going to be my favorite, but neither was a few other bands I enjoyed. Hopefully next time I see you guys, things will be in a little better shape and I can see what you truly can do.

I can say this...at least you stayed with it and didn't just get all pissed off and throw a fit on stage. Im always up for giving a band (especially live) a second chance. Except for the case of ALOL, they lost any respect I might have for them. Its too bad too, I think they might have been having problems too and could have been better.

I do have to agree with the statement that even with problems you still sounded better than some of the other bands so...don't be too hard on yourself!