Two cubase questions!

koalamo

Aug 24, 2009
Hicktown New York.
Okay so first one, I'm probably gonna purchase strobosoft for tuning because g-tune just isn't that accurate for really low tuned stuff, and bass so cubase question number 1

- Is there any way to call up a specific plugin with a key command so that when I want to tune I don't have to scroll up to the fx track click the little e then click again to open the plugin interface i know i could make a mixer view for just my fx sends but i was just hoping there would be something even easier ???

And question number 2 involves slip editing in cubase I PM'd 006 about his video but he never got back to me so I figured I'd just ask maybe someone else can help me

In cubase you cant slip something past where it was recorded so what he does in the video is moves the events forward by a bar or 2 and then slips the audio back to its original starting point which gives him a buffer to slip

is there a way to avoid having to do this?

Plz and thank you guys (;

can you explain the reason why you want to get strobosoft?
is it just a tuner or can you tune stuff using it, like melodyne, autotune etc.!?
for some more money (129,99) you could get a strobe hardware tuner...http://www.turbo-tuner.com/

i think the slip thing has more to do where you cut the event.
when you cut it exactly you have to move it forwared to be able to slip it back.
i am not sure about that but i think, when cutting if you leave more space before
the actual audio, you can move it back without having to push it forward before.
i am not sure about that so someone has to try it out.

i just opened a complete track, made a cut in the middle,
then moved the complete track in both parts but i also rember when editing vocals that
some parts just won'T move, really strange thing...

cheers
S.

can you explain the reason why you want to get strobosoft?
is it just a tuner or can you tune stuff using it, like melodyne, autotune etc.!?
for some more money (129,99) you could get a strobe hardware tuner...http://www.turbo-tuner.com/

i think the slip thing has more to do where you cut the event.
when you cut it exactly you have to move it forwared to be able to slip it back.
i am not sure about that but i think, when cutting if you leave more space before
the actual audio, you can move it back without having to push it forward before.
i am not sure about that so someone has to try it out.

i just opened a complete track, made a cut in the middle,
then moved the complete track in both parts but i also rember when editing vocals that
some parts just won'T move, really strange thing...

cheers
S.

as far the tuner goes if I was going to get a hardware I would get the stroborack tuner (for looks purposes only lol) but i just lost a bid on one on ebay and I don't want to wait around to find another good deal on one.
Plus I'm pretty anal about tuning so I like to see people tune and having to stop to tune gives me the opportunity to do that.

I just wish there was an easy way to bring up the tuner,
maybe I could get a second monitor and just always have it open? still kind of annoying though.

As far as slipping goes it still confuses the fuck out of me </3

Sorry about the late response but basically, I don't know why it does that. It's not every time either, it's very weird. Either way, I haven't had any problems just dragging the event to the left and then cutting and slipping it back, you only need to drag it to the left by like 1/2 measure or so and you should be set - not a big deal in my experience so far.

006 said:
Sorry about the late response but basically, I don't know why it does that. It's not every time either, it's very weird. Either way, I haven't had any problems just dragging the event to the left and then cutting and slipping it back, you only need to drag it to the left by like 1/2 measure or so and you should be set - not a big deal in my experience so far.

No big deal at all dude I just assumed you were busy or you didn't check your pms that much so I started the thread the only reason I'm asking is because sometimes like when I punch in a few notes of a guitar riff or something I'll try to slip edit them but I'll have to drag them forward and like they overlap the other parts of the original guitar track and when I go to slip them back I get confused where the fuck the original transient was ):

OneDaySky said:

Umm why did you even post this

I do punch-ins too, so what I do is turn snap off (J) and drag the event to the left a little bit, then slip it back to where it should start, then I turn snap back on (J, again) and drag the edge of the event to the grid so that it's not overlapping any more.