Two fantastic clinics!

Frurken

Apr 7, 2003
Netherlands
www.facebook.com
Hi all, two brilliant musicians have confirmed to do a clinic at the festival: Wolfgang Zenk (7for4) and Joost van den Broek (After Forever)!

Joost van den Broek has sky-rocketed into the progressive rock and metal scene. He’s just 22 years old, and already played and worked with some of the greatest bands and artists in the genre, such as STAR ONE and AYREON, SUN CAGED, VANDENBERG and ANAND and his current employer AFTER FOREVER. His major influences are Derek Sherinian, Steve Vai, Arjen Lucassen, Muse, Jamiroquai, and Devin Townsend. Joost studied at the conservatorium in Enschede (Music Production and Keyboards), and is a true virtuoso on keys, synths and the “keytar” (his shoulderkeyboard). One of the things he enjoys is producing the fattest and weirdest sounds on his instruments, and at Headway Festival he will tell you everything about that.

Wolfgang Zenk became known as guitar player and composer of SIEGES EVEN (GER), during the period in which the highly praised albums “Sophisticated” and “Uneven” were released. Since many years, Wolfgang is director of Munich Guitar Institute MGI, where he also teaches. Wolfgang says to be influenced by guitar players like Greg Howe, Steve Vai, Frank Gambale, David Gilmore, Mark Knopfler, and Scott Henderson. This diversity and his wide experience also shows in his recent group 7FOR4 (GER). 7For4 take the best from funk, jazz, metal, even latin and country, and blend these styles into extraordinary compositions, played with great virtuosity and energy. The band have released two brilliant albums “Contact” and “Time”, and at Headway, you can ask and see how to play that explosive material.

So, one or maybe two bands to go now... hope to see you in April!

Freek
Headway Festival Team

Last year both of these guys performed at Headway in one of their bands and they ripped it up. I was totally blown away by Joost; his exceptional ability and stage presence are of the best I've ever seen. I can't wait to see both these guys in an up close clinic. Yeah!

Prymary-vocals said:
Last year both of these guys performed at Headway in one of their bands and they ripped it up. I was totally blown away by Joost; his exceptional ability and stage presence are of the best I've ever seen. I can't wait to see both these guys in an up close clinic. Yeah!
Actually only Joost ripped it up :hotjump: Wolfgang is not part of the current line-up of Sieges Even that performed last year. But when you listen to his 7for4-material (www.7for4de) and hear him play the guitar, you will have to admit that he is an "up-ripper" too! :loco:

Freek