Two newer releases I REALLY dig...

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
For those that know me, I apologize for not posting much lately. I am having a hard time making time for my forums this time of the year especially with a two and a half-year-old. For those that don't know me, sorry I didn't get to the point sooner....

I ordered two CDs last week and received them a couple of days ago and they are pretty badass. I am a picky bastard and would normally not be able to order two CDs and find one I like. To my surprise, I got my ass kicked by both. Here is a brief review:

Sieges Even "Paramount" - prog rock band from Germany. This is rock, not metal, but they are like the Vanden Plas of prog rock. The track "Eyes Wide Open" is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard in my life.

Panic Cell "What Doesn't Kill Us" - I am old. Normally I prefer the more melodic stuff as I get older, but this aggressive (though not extreme vocals) British band owns the thrashy style metal in my ears. Great guitar riffs !! www.paniccell.com There is a link to their myspace page for song samples.

Ya'll may or may not like this, but I got hammered by these releases so I felt I should share it with someone. Talk to ya'll later....

Bryant

Another vote for Paramount being great! Sieges Even is the one band that I would walk all the way to Georgia to see,just because they will never get to America the way things are going.Thank Ken Golden for having this disc at Progpower,2 weeks early!! I for one grabbed it up

Ditto about walking to Georgia for Sieges Even. I love Paramount, though I think Navigating somehow flowed a little better as a whole. Still, as I said in the original post, "Eyes Wide Open" just about makes a tear dwell up in the eyes when I listen to it. I would give my left nut to be able to write a song like that.

Bryant

Another vote for Paramount being great! Sieges Even is the one band that I would walk all the way to Georgia to see,just because they will never get to America the way things are going.Thank Ken Golden for having this disc at Progpower,2 weeks early!! I for one grabbed it up

A beer for Ms. Metal next year my dear. As far as The Nater is concerned.... he is a freaking monster !! He is smart as a whip, but he is hyper as can be........ whoa what a mess he is.

ProgMetal_Lover.... it is my pleasure to turn people on to newer bands. Panic Cell has pretty poor distribution in the US, so I am sure few here have heard them. I wasn't really making one of those "I want to see these bands at Progpower" posts. Both Sieges Even and Panic Cell both sort of go out of the boundaries of prog and powermetal. Sieges Even is obviously prog rock and I guess "thrash" would be the best description for Panic Cell. It is good to hear some aggressive metal without the extreme vocals though. I won't say those type bands are rare, but the extreme vocals certainly dominate the market as far as the heavier stuff.

Bryant

Bryant-

No need to apologize, just buy me a beer next year. ;)

Give a hug and kiss to the Nater for me. ;)

-Metal

Thank you Bryant for turning me on to another new band,listening to Panic Cell right now :)

Sadly,it looks to me as if Sieges Even are not getting much love here in our lovely little community.A virtually ignored thread is not a positive sign.I've been requesting Sieges Even at ProgPower for 3 years now since Glenn made a comment about them a few years back,but I never see their name pop up at all in regards to playing America.
How about Sieges Even headlining on Friday night and then a re-united Watchtower on Saturday with Jason singing the "Energetic Dis-assembly" material and Alan Tecchio doing the "Control and Resistance" material? Now theres a show that I would crawl through broken glass all the way from PA for.

Well I didn't put "Sieges Even" in the title for one thing and this is a busy forum. They will get recognition if they keep producing quailty work. Another thing to remember is that SE isn't metal, so they may not be mentioned much in metal forums. I ran upon both Sieges Even and Panic Cell by reading and posting on the UM "Oldschool" board of all places. I probably wouldn't know of either band... and others if not for that forum. If you like a little heavier stuff, you might want to check out the Panic Cell. I am not big on "pushing" people into listening to something (except Vanden Plas >:p~) but these guys are freaking great for an Indie label band. I would be surprised if they don't get picked up by a mid-sized label. I really do hope people will give them a listen.

Bryant

Sadly,it looks to me as if Sieges Even are not getting much love here in our lovely little community.A virtually ignored thread is not a positive sign.I've been requesting Sieges Even at ProgPower for 3 years now since Glenn made a comment about them a few years back,but I never see their name pop up at all in regards to playing America.
How about Sieges Even headlining on Friday night and then a re-united Watchtower on Saturday with Jason singing the "Energetic Dis-assembly" material and Alan Tecchio doing the "Control and Resistance" material? Now theres a show that I would crawl through broken glass all the way from PA for.