Fourth Qtr. releases for 2013?

Random Axe

Common Sense Man!
Sep 27, 2002
Cincinnati, OH
Visit site
Is there anything expected in the next eight weeks or have all the big and best releases seen light of day. I know I'm only personally waiting for Caligula's Horse from Laser's and that's all I can think of. This was a particularly good year for me, the best in some time, and I'd like to start my end of year write-ups. Just curious what is left to still come out if anything?

I figured this thread would benefit more than just me, so any genre normally discussed here will do.

The new SOLSTICE EP, I think....
It is available for download from the band's Bandcamp currently, though a physical copy is forthcoming......

Well, ok, so this might interest three of you on this forum, but you did say any genre!!!!

I'm looking forward to these bands:

Almah
Hell
Silent Voices
Leaves' Eyes
Insomnium
Royal Hunt

Plus the Epica and Nightwish bluray/DVDs.

NOV 19
IRON MASK
SAXON
SIGNUM REGIS
TAD MOROSE
NOV26
ARTILLERY
ALMAH
LEAVES EYES
DEC 3
RHAPSODY OF FIRE
ROYAL HUNT
SILENT VOICES
Are the ones I can think of. Hope this helps you out

I think Periphery's next is still supposed to drop this year, which would make it hands down the most anticipated thing for the end of the year.

VANGOUGH are releasing their (our?) new album BETWEEN THE MADNESS next Tues Nov. 12th. :) You can hear the first single on SoundCloud:

From the Metal Underground review, "there has never been a better time to jump off of whatever progressive metal train you've been on and ride with Vangough."

Last edited by a moderator:
Evertale's debut is probably going to be released at some point this year. That's gonna shake up power metal, anyway

Insomnium

They're putting out a single this year, but the record is coming out next year. They haven't even recorded the full length yet because they've been on tour all Summer and Autumn.

After two weeks, you can forget about any big metal releases in 2013. Labels need 2-3 months to promote records, and the Christmas records and assorted comps dominate the charts to the point where very few labels dare to put stuff out until mid January.