Two shit shows in a row??

they will do better off touring with more bands like new ones such as lacuna coil for example and other old ones like Testament,death angel,for example as just doing a headlining tour with locals won't bring out more people even with the most extensive promotion.

That is a VERY SHORT SHOW for a headliner.

Alex: Ozzfest rarely sells out to capacity. Most Aero/Kiss shows did 85%. 85% of 20,000 at an average of $75 is mega cash. That's a whole different ballgame than 150 in a club. If you're point is that the concert industry was down a little, you are correct. Shitty economy, not a lot of bands on tour. But at the end of the day, it will look like a great year for concerts because the avg. ticket price went up. I don't see this trend changing. In fact, the public has slit their own throat on this one. By not buying CD's (whether we are downloading, or just moved on in our life, the facts are music sales are way dow) bands are going to have to make more and more $$$$$$$$$$$ on tour to stay afloat. Will the public still go??? We'll see. My bet is yes.

TD said:
That is a VERY SHORT SHOW for a headliner.

Alex: Ozzfest rarely sells out to capacity. Most Aero/Kiss shows did 85%. 85% of 20,000 at an average of $75 is mega cash. That's a whole different ballgame than 150 in a club. If you're point is that the concert industry was down a little, you are correct. Shitty economy, not a lot of bands on tour. But at the end of the day, it will look like a great year for concerts because the avg. ticket price went up. I don't see this trend changing. In fact, the public has slit their own throat on this one. By not buying CD's (whether we are downloading, or just moved on in our life, the facts are music sales are way dow) bands are going to have to make more and more $$$$$$$$$$$ on tour to stay afloat. Will the public still go??? We'll see. My bet is yes.
Yeah, well I think that the concert Industry is going down because of media in general and internet. Back in the day, all there was was MTV. No MTV 1 or 2 or classic or MuchMusic or any of that shit. VH-1 was for old people. There was no internet and MTV didn't show live shows. There were no concerts on PPV. There were VHS band tapes but not many. Peoples' stereo systems sucked. Basically, concerts were a huge event.

Well, that and the fact that most bands suck now. Notice how most of the biggest selling tours are dinosaurs. Elton John, Rolling Stones, KISS, Aerosmith, Journey, Ozzy, McCartney, those are your biggest bands year in and year out.
But I like your point that concerts used to be a huge event. I remember the first time I saw Slayer, I wasn't really sure what the hell they looked like because of their minimal exposure! Imagine seeing Zeppelin or KISS back in the 70's. You are correct, concerts are now something to do, just like the movies or something.
But I think that as long as the "dinosaurs" want to play, people will keep coming. YOu can throw several more acts on top of that. AC/DC, ZZ Top, Sammy Hagar, Skynyrd, Poison, Boston, Billy Joel. These bands will keep making record amounts of money by charging whatever they have to because no one buys their records anymore.

I remember when I was a kid at school and I had tickets for a concert. People would be like "woah!, how'd you get tickets??". I'd be like "duh, I walked up to ticketmaster and bought tickets". I dont' know. Shows used to be a big huge event. Now it's not really a big deal. I still have alot of fun at them and all but I'm no longer star struck or anything like that. The aura is gone

they should tour with some real bands and forget about the locals(sorry 5 bilion /sentdown) 150 people a show!!!?? get a life!!!!!!and only playing 10 songs!!shame on you Trax, better start people giving theire money back!!!!!

Sentdown said:
I went to the Clearwater show and, it rocked!!!! Yea they didnt do an encore but i havent seen them since '99, so i didnt care. They sounded great i thought. Rob is a shredding guitarist!!!!! He Rules. He's perfect for the band!

They played(from what i recall) :

Caught in a Mosh
Got the Time
Fueled
Safe Home
Indians
What Doesnt Die
Belly of the Beast(Ruled, i was suprised they played it)
Refuse to be Denied
Antisocial
Only
Bring the Noize

When i saw them here in Buffalo a few weeks ago we got a better set than that. In addition to your list they also did Black Dahlia, Be All End All, Metal Thrashing Mad and Inside Out. They didn't do Fueled or Bring the Noize.

I have a question about BTN live. How exactly do they do the song without Public Enemy? It seems to me the song needs Chuck D in order to get the fulll effect of the song.

Rock On!

In no particular order:
Caught in a Mosh
Belly of the Beast
Only
Cadillac Rock Box
N.F.L.
Safe Home
Inside Out
Indians
What Dosent Die
Room for One More
Got the Time
Anti-Social
*I might of left out something, I was up front, it was a rough night.The place was packed and they put on a good show. It was great to see them again live. I also think they could of went on some sort of package tour with other well known bands. The two opening bands were local I assume, and not at all good.

mrbluelouboyle said:
In no particular order:
Caught in a Mosh
Belly of the Beast
Only
Cadillac Rock Box
N.F.L.
Safe Home
Inside Out
Indians
What Dosent Die
Room for One More
Got the Time
Anti-Social
*I might of left out something, I was up front, it was a rough night.The place was packed and they put on a good show. It was great to see them again live. I also think they could of went on some sort of package tour with other well known bands. The two opening bands were local I assume, and not at all good.
I totally agree. It was hard for me not to laugh at the first band, unfortunately. It was more crowded than I had imagined it, yet a lot smaller gig than I've ever seen them in - I still remember the arena days. Anyway, Rock Box sounded awesome live, as did everything else.

ThraxFan78 said:
When i saw them here in Buffalo a few weeks ago we got a better set than that. In addition to your list they also did Black Dahlia, Be All End All, Metal Thrashing Mad and Inside Out. They didn't do Fueled or Bring the Noize.

I have a question about BTN live. How exactly do they do the song without Public Enemy? It seems to me the song needs Chuck D in order to get the fulll effect of the song.

Rock On!

Well, everytime ive seen them, since '95. Theyve played Bring the Noize. John does the Chuck D parts, and he does the last verse which Scott originally did. Its not bad but i wouldnt miss it if they didnt play it ever again. I was yelling for Madhouse, Metal Thrashing Mad, Armed and Dangerous or Inside Out.